Thanks to your overwhelming support, and the support of other organizations and individuals, Wyoming House Bill 114, the Wyoming Liberty Preservation Act, passed committee 6-3 and will now advance to the House floor. On Tuesday evening, at the head of a media firestorm, the Transportation Committee held a hearing on the bill and passed it with a decisive 6-3 vote.
Our battle, however, is not yet over. HB 114 will be debated on the House floor within the next few days. The deadline for bills to be heard on the house floor is Monday, February 4th; and if the bill has not come up in committee of the whole by then, it will die due to lack of time left in the session.
Wyoming Rep. Kendall Kroeker, who introduced the bill, said that he expects a fierce battle in the House: “There are a lot of legislators who are afraid to do anything to challenge the federal government and think we should meekly obey them, regardless of the constitutionality of the actions taken by the federal government. I believe our rights are worth fighting for and that is what I will continue to do.”
That is a fight we intend to win. Two days ago, when HB 114 was going to committee, you acted. Hundreds of calls were sent to the members on the committee; and that wave of public pressure shifted a possible loss into a decisive victory. Let’s do it again.
Contact the Wyoming House leadership and encourage them to uphold their oath to support and defend the Constitution and bring HB 114 to the Wyoming House floor:
|Rep. Tom Lubnau, Speaker of the House||Rep. Kermit C. Brown, House Majority Floor Leader|
|(307) 682-1313||(307) 745-7358|
|Rep. Mary Throne, House Minority Floor Leader||Rep. James W. Byrd, House Minority Whip|
|(307) 630-6728||(307) 200-0859|
Contact: Barbara Anderson
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Texas Anti-NDAA Bill Heads To House Floor You don’t mess with Texas. At least, that’s precisely...
- Victory! Indiana, South Carolina Anti-NDAA Bills Fly Through Committee Yesterday, Feb. 13, “anti-NDAA” legislation passed senate committees in both...
- Wyoming To Battle NDAA Indefinite Detention PANDA Wyoming announces the introduction of HB 114, the Wyoming...
- Arizona’s Anti-NDAA Bill To Have Hearing On Thursday This Thursday will be a busy day for anti-NDAA activists...
- Kansas House Passes Gun Control Nullification On Thursday, March 14, the Kansas House of Representatives approved...