(Editor’s note: The view expressed here are solely those of the author.)
It is frequently said that Mitt Romney’s Mormon religious beliefs are irrelevant because, as the common refrain goes, “We are electing a President not a Priest.”
Yet if Willard Mitchell Romney is elected as the nation’s 45th President, we would, ironically enough, actually be electing a priest president.
And while many may not think that Romney’s religious beliefs will influence how he governs, the core tenets of Romney’s own faith say otherwise.
Romney, who is a 5th generation high temple Mormon priest and great-great- grandson of Joseph Smith’s right hand man Parley Pratt (a major leader of the Mormon Church who was murdered by the estranged husband of his 12th wife) has frequently stated that he takes his Mormon faith “very seriously.”
The same polytheistic “faith” whose core doctrines, covenants, and prophetic pronouncements state that:
- The Bible on its own can’t be trusted and that we can only understand it through the “revelations” of the Mormon “prophet” Joe Smith. (Mormon Doctrine, p. 670)
- Jesus is the “spirit brother of Lucifer” and not God in the flesh. (Mormon Doctrine, p. 163.)
- There is no hell. (Mormon Doctrine, p. 348)
- Blacks have the “mark of Cain” (“a flat nose and black skin”) “and are cursed.” (Journal of Discourses, 7:290)
- Women are inferior to men. (19th-century LDS leader Erastus Snow preached: “No woman will get into the celestial kingdom, except her husband receives her, if she is worthy to have a husband; and if not, somebody will receive her as a servant.”)
- God came from another planet, has a body of flesh and bones like man’s and has a goddess wife, and we can become literal gods. (Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 345; Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333)
- Only Mormons inherit the afterlife in the “celestial kingdom” and that there is no salvation outside the Mormon Church. (Mormon Doctrine, p. 670).
So, is it really fair to say that Romney’s deeply-held religious beliefs are irrelevant when Romney himself has sworn a blood oath in a secret Mormon temple ceremony to obey the Mormon Church and its prophet above the U.S. Constitution?
Go ahead and vote for the most radically pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti- family governor in U.S. History if you subscribe to what I believe to be the totally un-Biblical, utilitarian, and morally-relativistic “lesser of two evils” construct.
But let’s not delude ourselves that if we elect Romney to the office of the presidency, we’re not electing a priest whose primary allegiance is to the polytheistic, anti-Christical Mormon “church”, its “prophet”, and their apostate beliefs (and not to the United States Constitution.)
Gregg Jackson is the national best-selling author of Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies, former radio host on WRKO in Boston and KDAR in Los Angeles, an accomplished speaker who speaks to groups on college campuses nationwide, and writer whose articles have been published in The Wall St. Journal, Washington Times, Human Events, and Townhall.com. His new book that he co-authored with nationally syndicated radio host, Steve Deace, is called: We Won’t Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again.
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore (Creative Commons)
- Our Civic High Priest The tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado, which killed 12 and…
- Did Harry Reid Commit Political Suicide By Trashing Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney’s nomination on August 30th as the Republican Nominee…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Did Harry Reid Commit Political Suicide By Trashing Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney’s nomination on August 30th as the Republican Nominee...
- An Open Letter To Mitt Romney Dear Mr. Romney, I must admit that when it first...
- Three Ads Mitt Romney Really Should Run It’s time to take on the false charge of a...