An electronic system used by more than 70 percent of school districts in Texas has recently come under attack by the state’s Senate Education Committee for promoting socialism and criticizing American values.
The curriculum management system known as CSCOPE is used by teachers in 875 districts to manage their lesson plans while allowing them to customize material for their own specific classrooms.
Some of the ideology promoted in the material, though, is wholly inappropriate and openly endorses anti-American sentiment.
According to reports, numerous witnesses spoke before the Senate committee to explain why Texas students must not be indoctrinated with the leftist lesson plans.
One witness described the program as “mind control” while a teacher emotionally testified he quit his job because using the system made him feel like he was “aiding and abetting a crime.”
Other criticism of the program included a lack of transparency, as the program’s particulars are not readily available to anyone other than teachers and school administrators.
Questionable lesson plans covered various subjects and issues, though one of the most reprehensible forced sixth-graders to design their own socialist flag.
The CSCOPE curriculum encourages students to “notice that socialist and communist countries use symbolism on their flags” while prompting them to come up with their own symbols to use on the flag for a new socialist country.
In addition to allegations the curriculum is overly supportive of Islam, the lesson plans also reportedly refer to those involved in the Boston Tea Party as terrorists.
This type of blatant leftist indoctrination deserves no place in any American school; and, as a Texan, I am incredibly offended such nonsense has made its way into our great educational system.
Such blatant disregard for traditional values combined with the secrecy with which the material is treated just further exposes the left’s ongoing mission. Those unhappy with America as founded seek to change this nation’s future by systematically brainwashing the next generation in the government-mandated education camps known as the public school system.
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Texas School Forces Students To Recite Mexican Pledge One student in a Texas high school is taking legal...
- Video: Texas School District Allows Teachers To Carry Concealed Weapons Harold, Texas started the Guardian Plan back in 2007 to...
- Stark Choice For GOP Voters In Texas Senate Runoff SAN ANTONIO (AP) — The question for voters in Tuesday’s...
- Public Schools Are Teaching What? The battle for humankind’s future must be waged and...
- State Farm To Leave Illinois, Move To Texas State Farm, the nationally-known insurance chain headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois,...