A Los Angeles teacher with close ties to the openly racist African People’s Socialist Party received the recommendation of United Teachers Los Angeles in his pursuit of a city council seat.
Ron Gochez himself has been known to disparage both America and various races in his own personal commentary. For instance, he infamously called for a Mexican Revolution in the U.S. while speaking at a La Raza rally several years ago and penned a blatantly anti-semitic letter to the editor prior to that incident.
His association with the APSP, though, is even more telling.
The group is so far to the left of the mainstream, even progressive icons Barack Obama and Jesse Jackson are too conservative.
One political organization, California Political News, compiled a list of the reprehensible statements made by the group and its members.
While some of the comments are so vulgar that any editing on my part would render them incomprehensible, I will list a few of the tamer examples to illustrate the larger point.
For a trip to North Carolina during which “he went and worked with those honkies down there,” one APSP source considers Jackson an “old Uncle Tom [expletive deleted].”
The greatest voice in the black community’s nonviolent pursuit of civil rights, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., is derided for trying to lead his people “back onto the plantation” by another adherent to the group.
Additionally, complaints about the Holocaust are blown out of proportion because “those white people … need those dead Jews to hold up in the face of any Africans and other oppressed people around the world who say look what you did to me.”
Most of the group’s complaints are utterly nonsensical, but the vitriol and hate with which they are dispersed is all too real.
Of the 12 candidates seeking the L.A. council position, Gochez represents the type of person the city’s teachers union apparently believes most closely holds its views.
If that is not an indictment of our public school systems’ continuing leftward lurch, I cannot imagine what would qualify.
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Teachers Union Says Testing Serves “Corporate Interests” With student performance steadily declining in America’s public schools, standardized...
- Video: Crowd Laughs As Chicago Teachers Union President Talks About Killing The Rich The anti-rich comments occur around the 4 minute mark. Why...
- Top Teachers Union Apologist Sends Her Children To A Private School! NEW YORK – There are many organizations that are little...
- Tennessee Republican Endorses Democrat Senate Candidate By most accounts, Democratic Senate nominee Mark Clayton has a...
- Video: How Teachers Unions Hurt Schools, Kids, And Education We talk endlessly about improving public schools. So what’s standing...