Breaking: Obama Admin Just Had SICK Response To Iran After 10 US Sailors Captured

Iran demanded and got an apology from the United States after Iranian forces held 10 American sailors captive, according to top Iranian officials. The sailors were held for less than 24 hours after briefly and inadvertently entering Iranian waters due to an equipment malfunction.

The BBC first reported that Gen. Ali Fadavi, the commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’ navy, said the U.S. apologized to Iran for entering Iranian waters.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif “had a firm stance, saying that they were in our territorial waters and should not have been, and saying that they (the US) should apologize,” Fadavi said Tuesday prior to the release of the sailors. “This has been done and it will not take long, and the naval force, according to its hierarchy, will act immediately upon the orders it receives,” he added.

On Wednesday, Iranian authorities said they let the sailors go “after they extended an apology,” according to a statement from the IRGC. The statement went on to say, “The Americans have undertaken not to repeat such mistakes.”

A State Department spokesman phrased things differently.

“There is no truth in reporting that Secretary (of State John) Kerry apologized to the Iranians,” Kerry spokesman John Kirby told reporters Wednesday, later tweeting that the claim had “zero” validity. “As the Secretary said in his statement this morning, he expressed gratitude to Iranian authorities for their cooperation in swiftly resolving this matter, and noted that the peaceful and efficient resolution of this issue is a testament to the critical role diplomacy plays in keeping our country safe, secure, and strong.”

The Obama administration defended keeping the incident out of the president’s final State of the Union message Tuesday night, claiming there was no “hostile intent” and that American officials had “received assurance they will be released.”

However, a U.S. official reportedly told CNN Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr that Iran’s confiscation of the sailors’ GPS and communications equipment was “hostile.”

h/t: Brietbart

Scary: Advanced US Missile Went Missing; Where It Surfaced Has Officials Panicked

A Hellfire missile used by the United States for a NATO training exercise in Europe in 2014 never made it back to America. Instead, the missile was shipped to Cuba where it remains, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing State Department sources.

Although the missile was inert, U.S. sources said shipping such a sophisticated weapon to Cuba at a time when it and the U.S. had no diplomatic ties “would be among the worst mistakes of its kind in U.S. military history,” the Journal reported.

Officials said they were less concerned about Cuba making its own missiles than the fact sensors and guidance equipment on the high tech missile could have been shared with nations such as North Korea, Russia, China or terrorist groups such as ISIS.

“Now it’s a proliferation concern — someone else now understands how it works and what may have been cutting edge for us is deconstructed and packaged into what other players sell on the open market — and possibly provided to countries that we wouldn’t sell to,” Peter Singer, a senior fellow at the New America Foundation said, according to the Journal.

The officials who spoke to the Journal said the missile was being shipped from Germany and was mistakenly flown to Paris, and then to Cuba.

“Did someone take a bribe to send it somewhere else? Was it an intelligence operation, or just a series of mistakes? That’s what we’ve been trying to figure out,” one U.S. official told the Journal.

Another U.S. official told the Associated Press the government is blaming manufacturer Lockheed-Martin’s freight forwarders.

American officials have also been asking Cuba to return the missile, but with no results. America and Cuba restored diplomatic relations last year for the first time in more than 50 years.

If the missile was sent to Cuba on purpose, it would be a violation of the Arms Export Control Act and of the Cuban sanctions laws.

“Mis-shipments happen all the time because of the amount and volume of the defense trade,” a State Department official said, according to the Journal. The missile was found to be missing at a time when the U.S. and Cuba were holding secret negotiations to normalize relations.

The Hellfire is a laser-guided, air-to-surface missile weighing about 100 pounds. Deployed from Apache helicopters or Predator drones, the Hellfire received its name from the Pentagon’s specification for a “helicopter-launched, fire and forget” missile.

h/t: Wall Street Journal

The Email That Makes Benghazi Look Way Worse Was Just Released- Hillary And Obama Hid It For Years

Even as terrorists attacked a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012, the Hilary Clinton-run State Department was told that military forces were ready to come to its aid, according to a newly uncovered email previously kept secret.

“The Obama administration and Clinton officials hid this compelling Benghazi email for years,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The email makes readily apparent that the military was prepared to launch immediate assistance that could have made a difference, at least at the CIA Annex. The fact that the Obama Administration withheld this email for so long only worsens the scandal of Benghazi.”

The email, released by Judicial Watch, was sent at 7:19 p.m. EST by then-Department of Defense Chief of Staff Jeremy Bash, more than three hours after the initial Benghazi attack and about an hour after a second attack at a CIA Annex almost a mile from the main compound. Two Americans were killed at each location.

“I just tried you on the phone but you were all in with S (an apparent reference to Clinton),” it reads.

“After consulting with General Dempsey, General Ham and the Joint Staff, we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak. They include a (REDACTED),” it said.

“Assuming Principals agree to deploy these elements, we will ask State to procure the approval from host nation. Please advise how you wish to convey that approval to us (REDACTED),” it read.

The email was sent to Jacob Sullivan, Clinton’s deputy chief of staff; Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman; and Deputy Secretary of State Thomas Nides.

The email appears to contradict 2013 comments from former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta that “time, distance, the lack of an adequate warning, events that moved very quickly on the ground prevented a more immediate response.”

Judicial Watch, in releasing the email, noted congressional testimony by Gregory Hicks, the former deputy chief of mission for the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya.

Hicks said the four Americans killed in the attack might have been saved “if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced.”

“I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them,” Hicks testified.

Staff for the House Select Committee on Benghazi said the panel has the full, unredacted Bash email and will address the email in its final report.

h/t: BizPac Review

Just Leaked: Look At Hillary’s Shocking Response To Learning 6 Soldiers Died

In the most recent batch of Hillary Clinton emails released by the State Department, the candidate for the nation’s next commander-in-chief appeared to show particular callousness regarding the death of six American soldiers.

Clinton top aide Huma Abedin emailed the then secretary of state in December 2011, informing her of the death of the American soldiers, who were serving in the Middle East. Clinton’s response was: “Is Dalton Brody off Conn or Wisconsin?” Dalton Brody is a Washington, DC, gifts and accessories store, which sells such items as leather goods, crystal, and pottery, according to its website.

According to Fox News, the State Department reported finding an additional 328 emails containing classified information in them, which brings the total to nearly 1000.

In the spring after the email scandal broke, Clinton emphatically proclaimed at a press conference, “I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email. There is no classified material.” The presidential candidate reiterated: “I’m certainly well-aware of the classification requirements and did not send classified material.”

The candidate changed her story a few months later, after her initial statement was shown to be false, stating that she had not sent or received any emails that were “marked classified at the time.”

So far, approximately two-thirds of the 55,000 pages of emails Clinton turned over to the State Department have been made public. “The emails released Monday were largely sent or received in 2012 and 2013, though some are from as far back as 2009,” CBS News reported.

In May, a federal judge, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, ordered the State Department to review and to release the Clinton emails in batches every 30 days.

h/t: BizPac Review

Iranian Official Announces Tehran Is Very Close To Atomic Bomb While State Department Now Admits Nuclear Agreement Not Signed

Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., once again exposed what some refer to as the Obama administration’s total failure to forge a good nuclear agreement with Iran.

Earlier, Pompeo – together with Senator Tom Cotton –  had revealed that the agreement with Iran contained secret side deals that would allow Iran to take samples of soil in the military complex at Parchin, where the regime is suspected to have conducted tests with detonators for nuclear warheads. Normally, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) conducts these tests during official inspections.

Now, Pompeo got the State Department to admit that the nuclear deal (JCPOA) with Iran was “never signed and was not legally binding.”

Pompeo had asked the State Department if he could see the signed agreement, but Julia Frifield, the Assistant Secretary of State for Legislative Affairs, responded by writing a letter in which she admitted that the agreement was not signed. Pompeo published the letter on his website.

Here are the most important parts of Frifield’s letter:

The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is not a treaty or an executive agreement and is not a signed document …The success of the JCPOA will depend not on whether it is legally binding or signed, but rather on the extensive verification measures we have put in place, as well as Iran’s understanding that we have the capacity to re-impose — and ramp up — our sanctions if Iran does not meet its commitments.

Pompeo responded to Frifield’s letter:

For the State Department to try to defend the unsigned and non-binding Iran nuclear agreement by calling it a “political commitment” is about as absurd as the terms of the deal itself. … Instead of forging an agreement with Iran that will protect Americans and prevent the world’s largest state sponsor of terror from obtaining a nuclear weapon, the Obama administration caved to Iranian bullies and serial nuclear cheaters. Unsigned, this agreement is nothing more than a press release and just about as enforceable.

In September, Western Journalism reported that Iran had not signed the agreement, and Pompeo knew this as well. The real news is that Pompeo now got the State Department to admit that the JCPOA has not been signed by the parties who negotiated the deal and is not a binding agreement for Iran (for the U.S., it is binding because the Obama administration didn’t veto the deal in the UN Security Council).

One of the verification measures Frifield referred to is the IAEA investigation into weapon-related nuclear work that Iran has conducted in the past.

The agency has now announced that it will not be able to reach a definitive conclusion on the issue. “The IAEA report will not be black and white,” IAEA chief Yukiya Amano said on Thursday during a press conference, while adding that any decision on further investigation will be up to the IAEA member states.

Amano also told reporters that the IAEA is “not in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran,” and thus cannot conclude that “all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities.”

The Tower observed that this “echoed an observation Amano made in January when he revealed that the IAEA is ‘not in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran, and therefore to conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities.’”

Iran increased pressure on the IAEA on Sunday and announced that it demanded an end to the IAEA investigation into past work on weapon-related nuclear issues and threatened to halt further implementation of the nuclear agreement.

“Without the closure of the file regarding past issues, there is no possibility of implementing the JCPOA,” Admiral Ali Shamkhani told IRNA, the state-controlled news agency, according to Israel Radio Reshet Bet.

Shamkhani’s threat followed a statement by another high-ranking Iranian official who said on Thursday that Iran was closer than ever to a nuclear weapon and bragged that “completing the work would be easier than putting in a contact lens.”

Israeli TV Channel 2 quoted Hassan Karimpour, an adviser to Iran’s Quds Force commander Qassem Suleimani, who had said that finishing a nuclear bomb would be “easy to do, as soon as the spiritual ban on nuclear weapons were lifted.”

Kerimpour’s remark on the “spiritual ban” is a classic example of Iran’s deceit.

He and other Iranian officials claim that there is a so-called Fatwa by Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on the production of nuclear weapons. The Fatwa doesn’t exist, however.

In reality, Khamenei ordered the development of nuclear weapons during a 1987 secret meeting of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran. Khamenei said during this meeting that Iran always has been subject to external threats and must stand up to the dangers it is facing and must make its enemies aware that it can defend itself.

“Accordingly, any step that we take from here will serve the defense of our nation and your revolution. With this aim in mind, you must work hard and fast,” Khamenei told his audience (Ronen Bergman – The Secret War with Iran, page 317).