Sarah Palin on Thursday dismissed the attacks of former MSNBC host Martin Bashir, saying in her first comments since his resignation that she’s “used to it.”
Following weeks of harsh criticism for making vile references to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, MSNBC host Martin Bashir announced his resignation from the network in a statement Wednesday.
Though it can be difficult for an idiotic comment to stand out among MSNBC’s deep reserve of radical leftist pundits, Bashir managed to accomplish such a feat with his commentary Nov. 15. In a reference to a punishment slaves reportedly received on American plantations, the outrageous host publicly condoned defecating and urinating in Palin’s mouth.
When public sentiment exponentially grew against him, Bashir apologized three days later. Since Nov. 22, he has been absent from the network (which officials say was a vacation, not a suspension.)
Nevertheless, Bashir stated in an email sent Wednesday that “after meeting with the President of MSNBC” he has decided to resign. “It is my sincere hope,” he wrote, “that all of my colleagues … will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.”
Speculation remains regarding how mutual the decision truly was; however, MSNBC has a documented track record of defending a litany of reprehensible behavior.
“I deeply regret what was said,” Bashir continued, employing a common grammatical trick allowing him to distance himself from his own words.
He promised to “endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers….”
It is his description of the average MSNBC viewer, of which there are literally dozens, that truly illustrates his disconnect from reality. He said his audience contains the “smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences.”
While it is extremely frustrating to see strong conservative voices routinely pilloried by the mainstream press, this development should offer some hope. Bashir, in an attempt to tear down a political foe, resulted in assuring his own unemployment. On the other hand, Palin and other patriotic figures in American politics continue to see their stock rise.
–B. Christopher Agee
Have an idea for a story? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Erik Daniel Drost (Creative Commons)
MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, an Obama sycophant, has been selected by Obama himself to interview him regarding Obamacare. This is a key interview to rally flagging support for Obamacare.
Matthews is well known for having an unabashed love for Obama and shows no semblance of journalistic objectivity. So, in light of that, I thought I’d put together 10 questions that I think he will ask Obama in his interview.
1. Why are you so absolutely wonderful?
2. Do you ever hurt yourself when you flash that megawatt smile of yours into the mirror?
3. Has anyone ever told you that you are the most amazing person in the history of the world?
4. Is it okay for people to drop to their knees and worship you?
5. Obamacare…oh…sorry, I mean, the “Affordable Care Act” has been an absolute failure up to now. Many well-regarded analysts like George Will say the worst is yet to come. Please give me seven reasons why this is the Republican Party’s fault? And could you use vague, generalized rhetoric and political talking points only as you are wont to do?
6. Your presidency has been the most remarkable presidency in the history of the country. You are a combination of Lincoln, Jefferson, JFK, Washington, and dare I say it Reagan. How is it possible that you just don’t explode under the sheer weight of your undeniable magnificence?
7. We have the most miserable economy since the Great Depression, with a doubling of food stamp recipients during your administration. Massive unemployment and underemployment is rampant as well. Plus, the national debt has soared from an astronomical $10 trillion to $17 trillion under your leadership. Please explain how George W. Bush is at fault again, for I never get bored when you blame someone else for your leadership failures.
8. CNN’s Piers Morgan said you were “a perfect physical specimen?” Do you ever stare in the mirror at yourself nude and just bask in your godlike divinity? Or does your Muslim religion forbid such narcissistic megalomania?
9. After you were born in Kenya, and then moved to Hawaii, and then to Indonesia where you became a devout Muslim, and then moved back to Hawaii where you became well known as a foreign-born, homosexual high school student who liked marijuana and cocaine, did you ever imagine in your wildest dreams that you’d become the greatest ruler in the history of the world and the smartest human being to ever grace this planet?
10. Do YOU ever get a thrill running up your leg when listening to yourself give a speech?