Breaking: John Bolton Not Running For President

Former Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton will not be running for president in 2016, he said Thursday.

05142015_Steve Peoples Tweet_Twitter

“I have decided not to seek the Republican nomination for president,” Bolton said in a video obtained by The Associated Press. “I believe I can make the strongest contribution to our future by continuing as a clear and consistent advocate for a strong, Reaganite foreign policy that values peace through strength.” The AP gives further background:

Bolton, a leading foreign policy voice in the George W. Bush White House, spent recent months testing his message in early-voting states. In calling for a muscular foreign policy, he often lashed out at Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton, as well as Republican rivals — Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul in particular — who favor a reduced U.S. footprint in the world.

Had Bolton jumped in the race, this would have been his competition:

  • Sen Ted Cruz, R-Texas
  • Paul
  • Sen Marco Rubio, R-Fla.
  • Former Gov. Mike Huckabee, R-Ark.
  • Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
  • Retired pediatric neurosurgeon Ben Carson.

The list would likely include former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, and Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. All are expected to announce their decisions in the next several weeks.

“While I am not a candidate, I am certainly not going to sit this election out,” Bolton proclaimed. The former ambassador wants “to focus on the 2016 Republican presidential race to make certain that foreign policy is critical to winning the nomination.”

Bolton considered a bid as recently as November and tested his hawkish message in several of the early voting states. Earlier this year at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Bolton told Western Journalism that “we’ve got to elect a real president.”

“Nor will I stand idle while our president surrenders our national interests and liberals rally around his ideological twin: Hillary Clinton,” Bolton also said in the video.

Do you approve of John Bolton bowing out? Share your thoughts in the comments section.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

WATCH: Countdown To The Showdown – Will Gowdy Go For The Ultimatum Hillary Just Gave Him?

Hillary Clinton will agree to one, but not to two appearances before the House Select Committee on Benghazi that’s chaired by South Carolina Republican Trey Gowdy. That’s the word from Clinton’s attorney, David Kendall, who has written to Rep. Gowdy saying the former secretary of state will testify on Capitol Hill this month about the 2012 attack in Benghazi as well as her controversial email practices while heading the Obama State Department.

Fox News says that Gowdy, who has insisted that Clinton and the State Department release more emails than have been provided to the committee so far, has not said whether he will accept the one-appearance offer.

“It remains unclear whether Clinton, a former first lady and U.S. senator from New York, will testify in a closed or open hearing before the special committee, formed to investigate the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attacks in which U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed.”

On the program America’s Newsroom Tuesday morning, former U.N. Ambassador and Fox News contributor John Bolton — who has indicated that he may jump into the GOP race for president — said Hillary Clinton is “afraid of this committee and I think she should be.” By clicking on the video above, you can see why Amb. Bolton said that, and why he began the interview with FNC’s Martha MacCallum by laughing at the news of Hillary’s ultimatum to Gowdy.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Watch: Obama Tried To Get Away With This Shocking Lie, But A Terror Expert Just Busted Him

Bolton Khorasan

This is indeed very interesting timing. With President Obama claiming that the rapid rise of ISIS caught America off guard because his intel team failed to identify the threat — essentially saying that ISIS came out of nowhere — one terrorism expert is claiming that a “new” terror group did come out of nowhere…that it’s fictitious…a White House invention.

You may recall that the Obama administration recently raised the specter of an “imminent” attack on the United States by a radical group of Middle East Islamists called Khorasan. You may also recall that when the name “Khorasan” was thrust into the national spotlight a few weeks ago, a lot of people — people including veteran terror experts — scratched their heads, wondering where this organization came from.

Well, if Andrew McCarthy is to be believed, it came from the White House — from their need to create an urgent reason to start a bombing campaign in Syria without seeking authorization from Congress for a significant expansion of military action against the Islamic State.

Writing for National Review, McCarthy said Khorasan is a made-up group designed by the Obama administration “to deceive us.” In part, says McCarthy — a former federal prosecutor who went after terrorists — the deception was necessary to maintain the fiction that Obama’s actions have wiped out al Qaeda.

On the Fox News show “Justice with Judge Jeanine,” former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton said the Khorasan cover story is all part of the Obama administration’s attempt to control the media narrative and downplay the war on terror.

You can see Judge Pirro’s interview with John Bolton by clicking on the video above.


Image Credit: Fox News

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

Former US Ambassador Calling For Action: “Work With The Israelis To Strike A Really Strong Blow Against Hamas”

John Bolton

Israel has been engaging in airstrikes against Hamas since the hours after they found the murdered bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teens yesterday.

The State Department gave their ridiculous line that both sides should show restraint, as if Israel had done anything wrong.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton wholeheartedly disagrees and counters with “[We should be] working with the Israelis to strike a really strong blow against Hamas.”

“This isn’t a robbery or kidnapping or murder in the course of a civil society; this is war. And Israel should be entitled to respond as if it were war, up to and including if it chooses, destroying Hamas.”

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

Bolton: Olympic Terrorists Could Be Hard To Detect

John Bolton SC Bolton: Olympic Terrorists Could Be Hard to Detect

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton says he’s concerned about the possibility of terrorists trying “to get their message across” at the Olympics and worries they could be British citizens who might be hard to detect.

Appearing Thursday night on Fox News’ “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren,” Bolton said the arrests Thursday in London of six British Muslims in connection with a suspected terrorist plot, highlighted “a growing concern that British authorities rightly have.”

Authorities said the arrests were not connected to the upcoming summer Olympic games in London beginning July 27.

Read More at By Greg McDonald.

Related posts:

  1. Obama Endorses Funding Terrorists Western Journalism As we learn more about Obama’s policies toward…
  2. Obama’s Catch-And-Release Policy For Terrorists by Jim Emerson, Last June, Vice Admiral William McRaven…