Scary: Top Intel Officials Just Issued THIS Massive Terror Warning For America

The country’s top intelligence official testified on Thursday before Congress that the U.S. faces the highest terror threat level since 9/11.

Appearing before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stated that ISIS has now eclipsed al Qaeda worldwide and that “unpredictable instability has become the new normal,” the Washington Beacon reported

Clapper testified that seven countries now have collapsing governments and an additional 14 are in danger of failing, due to instability, which creates potential safe havens for terrorist groups to rise.

Syria is exhibit A in this global reality, according to the intelligence chief. “There are now more Sunni [Muslim] violent extremist groups, members of safe havens, than any time in history,” Clapper said, noting that the rate of foreign fighters now traveling to Syria and Iraq is “without precedent.”

“At least 38,200 foreign fighters, including 6,900 from Western countries, have made their way to Syria from about 120 different countries since the Syrian conflict began in 2012,” the Beacon reported. 

“Returning foreign fighters [to Europe and elsewhere], with first-hand battlefield experience, poses a dangerous operational threat,” Clapper said, citing last year’s massive terrorist attack in Paris. He added that terrorists could be trained in Iraq and Syria and sent to commit attacks in the U.S. like the one carried out in San Bernardino in December, the Daily Caller reported

The intelligence official also discussed the threat posed by Iran. “Iran continues to be the foremost state sponsor of terror and exert its influence in regional crises in the Mid-East through the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force, its terrorist partner Lebanese Hezbollah, and proxy groups,” Clapper said. “Iran and Hezbollah remain a continuing terrorist threat to U.S. interests and partners worldwide.”

He added that the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei still harbors and fosters hatred towards the United States. “Iran’s supreme leader continues to view the U.S. as a major threat and we assess his views will not change despite the implementation of the [nuclear] deal, the exchange of detainees, and the release of the 10 sailors,” Clapper said.

Another major threat to U.S. security is in the realm of cyber security, where Russia, China, Iran and North Korea hack and collect sensitive data from American networks.

“Targeting collection of the U.S. political, military, economic, and technical information by foreign intelligence services continues unabated,” he said. “Russia and China post the greatest threat, followed by Iran and Cuba on a lesser scale.”

Video: ISIS Is Doing Something Unimaginably Sick To These Kids, Even For Them

While Secretary of State John Kerry and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov are reportedly close to a new agreement on a cessation of hostilities in Syria, the Islamic State escalated the violence in the country on Sunday.

On Sunday, six ISIS terrorists killed close to 190 people and wounded hundreds of others in car bomb and other suicide attacks in Homs and the Damascus region in Syria.

The carnage started when two ISIS suicide bombers blew themselves up near the Shiite shrine in Sayyida Seinab killing 120 people, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported. This was followed by a car bomb attack in Damascus and a twin car bomb attack in Homs that killed another 64 people and wounded at least 180 others, SOHR reported.

The attacks came after reports that the Islamic State suffered new defeats at the hands of the Russian/Iranian led pro-Assad coalition and rebels supported by the U.S.-led coalition in the area north of Aleppo and elsewhere in Syria.

The pro-Assad Shia news site Abna and the London-based Sunni Arabic newspaper Asharq al-Awsat reported that ISIS lost 25 villages in the Aleppo area over the last week and had started to evacuate hundreds of fighters and their families from the area. A spokesman for the Russian army confirmed the evacuation and said “militants in Aleppo have carried out a mass evacuation of their families to the north of the province toward the Turkish border.”

Also on Sunday, the Daily Mail in Great Britain reported the publication of a new ISIS video that shows how the Jihadist organization uses children to carry out suicide attacks with car bombs in Syria and Iraq.

Abu Imara al-Omri, an 11-year-old boy, can be seen in the video kissing his father’s hands before driving a truck bomb toward the village of Gazl near Aleppo where he detonated the car bomb, blowing himself up.

Before driving in the direction of Gazl, the boy and his father inspect the explosives-laden truck, and the child receives instruction how to ignite the explosives. The final part of the video shows Abu Imara sitting in the truck and receiving his father’s blessing before taking off to Gazl where the explosion of the car bomb is visible sometime later.

 

The increase in ISIS suicide attacks in Syria is part of a shift in the strategy of the group after both the Russian/Iranian led coalition and the U.S.-led alliance stepped up its air campaign in the country and succeeded to halt the advance of ISIS to other regions.

The Islamic State is now trying to sabotage American efforts to come to a ceasefire in Syria because the group knows it will be excluded from the arrangement. The parties involved in the ceasefire negotiations agreed earlier that the battle against the Islamic State and Al-Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra will continue after what Kerry now calls by its Arabic name “Hudna” is realized.

Kerry said Sunday the parties have come closer to a cease-fire (Hudna) in Syria after he announced that President Obama and Russian leader Vladimir Putin will speak on the telephone several times this week to iron out the final details of the agreement. The Obama administration wants a ceasefire that is long enough to start up negotiations about the future of the war-torn country. The Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad will benefit from this “Hudna” and has already announced a willingness to enter the cease-fire.

ISIS wants to torpedo the ceasefire because continued fighting will serve its interests and will relieve some of the pressure on its fighters. Sowing chaos and destruction to destabilize countries is part of the ISIS doctrine and has proven effective in Iraq, Syria and Libya where the U.S. launched its first airstrikes on ISIS last week.

The airstrikes on ISIS positions in Libya do not mean that the U.S. will restart its involvement in Libya experts say, but were meant to deter the Islamic State from expanding its activities into Tunisia.

The Daily Beast reported last week that Obama refuses to implement recommendations by the U.S. military to start a military operation against the Islamic State in Libya. Instead, the administration decided to carry out isolated strikes against ISIS that will hopefully prevent a spillover of the war in Libya to other countries in the region.

Kerry and Obama have previously said that military intervention in Libya would be dependent on the forming of a national unity government in Tripoli. Now that this government has finally been formed, the President seems to renege on his promise to go after Islamic State “anywhere it appeared.”

BREAKING: ‘Terror Attack’ Explosion In Major World Capital Causes 15+ Casualties

The capital of Turkey was shaken Wednesday when an explosion near the Turkish parliament during evening rush hour destroyed a vehicle containing military personnel. The blast, which ignited massive fires in downtown Ankara, killed at least five people and injured at least 10 more.

Television footage showed an intense fire around a burned out bus. The bus, carrying soldiers, was apparently hit as it waited at traffic lights, an official told Reuters.

“It is believed that a bomb-laden car caused the explosion,” said Ankara Gov. Mehmet Kiliclar.

Omer Celik, a spokesman for the nation’s ruling Justice and Development Party, described the blast as a “terror attack.”

“Terror has attacked treacherously in Ankara. We curse this attack,” Celik tweeted.

Fox News reported that the U.S. Embassy in Ankara implemented a procedure known as “duck and cover” following the blast, which occurred not far from the U.S. Embassy.

A witness told Reuters they could even smell the explosion from “blocks away.”

“I heard a huge explosion. There was smoke and a really strong smell even though we were blocks away,” the witness said.

Several cars reportedly caught on fire and multiple ambulances were sent to the scene.

The attack comes at a time of high tensions in Turkey. The government is fighting the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party and battling Syrian Kurdish fighters in addition to assisting American-led efforts to fight ISIS. In October, a suicide attack in Ankara killed 103 people at a pro-Kurdish rally.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s attack.

In the wake of the attack, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cancelled an official visit to Brussels.

h/t: CNN

CIA Director Issues Bombshell Claim About ISIS… It’s A LOT Worse Than We Thought

CBS will air an episode of 60 Minutes Sunday in which current CIA Director John Brennan confirms what many have feared — ISIS is using chemical weapons in its quest to establish a caliphate in the Middle East.

“We have a number of instances where ISIL has used chemical munitions on the battlefield,” Brennan told CBS, later adding, “There are reports that ISIS has access to chemical precursors and munitions that they can use.”

Brennan additionally confirmed ISIS has the capability to export those munitions to the West.

“I think there’s always the potential for that,” Brennan said. “This is why it’s so important to cut off the various transportation routes and smuggling routes that they have used.”

Brennan’s comments correspond with Director of National Intelligence James Clapper’s testimony earlier this week. Clapper stated, “ISIL has also used toxic chemicals in Iraq and Syria, including the blister agent sulfur mustard.”

Clapper claimed it was the first time any group has used chemical weapons to kill since a Japanese cult killed subway riders in Tokyo in 1995.

President Bashar al-Assad has repeatedly denied using chemical weapons against militants and, as some had accused, on his own people. Presumably to prove his innocence, al-Assad surrendered all of his chemical weapon stockpile to be destroyed after a chemical weapon was used outside Damascus earlier on in the conflict, drawing the scorn of the international community.

Al-Assad may have surrendered his country’s stockpile of chemical weapons but, as Brennan and Clapper have confirmed, ISIS has not surrendered its supply.

When George W. Bush was president, he accused then-Iraqi President Saddam Hussein of stockpiling weapons of mass destruction. After the second gulf war against Iraq, those weapons had not been immediately located, leaving many to speculate — and even some to conclude — they never existed.

However, a 2014 U.S. News and World Reports article written by Lamont Calucci, claimed Bush’s fears — that a group like ISIS would use chemical weapons — had already become a reality. Long before Brennan and Clapper would admit it, Calucci wrote,

It is now considered quite possible that the Islamic State group has used chemical weapons at least four times, primarily chlorine gas. (Chlorine gas was first used in 1915 during World War I. Like the other poisons of that war, it was seen as so horrific that no great power has used them against another since.) There has been one attack north of Baghdad in Balad, two attacks against the defenders of Kobani and a fourth in the Saqlawiyah region, again, close to Baghdad. There are reports of other incidents as well.

Now questions remains as to how long the Obama administration has known ISIS was using chemical weapons and why now, at the end of the Obama era, are these facts being confirmed.

Woman Comes Out Of The Shadows And Drops Bombshell About Paris Attack

The investigation into November’s deadly Paris terrorist attacks has revealed that the mastermind behind the attacks slipped into Europe accompanied by 90 ISIS militants as part of the wave of Syrian refugees that has inundated the continent.

A woman who tipped police off to the hiding place of attack leader Abdelhamid Abaaoud told investigators that Abaaoud was bragging about the many fighters who came with him. He said 90 jihadists had filtered through Europe from Syria using false papers. An official familiar with the investigation told Fox News that those returning included French, British, German, Iraqi and Syrian citizens. The official said Abaaoud boasted that his network had terrorists based in Paris and across Europe. 50 to 60 of the operatives in Abaaoud’s network reportedly slipped into Europe through Greece, Bulgaria and Romania.

The woman who testified about Abaaoud and is known by the alias of Sonia said she met him two days after the attacks in a gypsy camp in Aubervilliers, a northern suburb of Paris.

“I said to him, ‘You have killed innocent people!’” she said. “He said to me, ‘No, they aren’t innocent. You have to see what’s happening with us in Syria.’”

She said the terrorist showed no remorse.

“He spoke about the attacks as if he had been shopping and had found a box of discounted washing up liquid. He was happy. That was it,” she said.

The woman also said that Abaaoud had planned further terrorist attacks after the initial strikes in which 130 people were killed, targeting a police station and a nursery. She said she alerted police to his whereabouts after learning of the plan for more deaths.

Abaaoud and three other ISIS terrorists were killed Nov. 18 when police raided their apartment.

Sonia has gone into hiding, and changed her identify, but spoke about the attacks this week on RMC radio in Paris . She also added, “Even if I live in danger, really, I’d rather it this way than have the death of innocent people on my conscience.”

h/t: Fox News