Watch: 10-Year-Old Girl Bitten By Shark Does Unimaginable And Becomes A Hero

A Jacksonville, Fla., girl was the latest victim of a shark attack on America’s Atlantic coast following a string of recent encounters and injuries. Kaley Szarmack’s father, Dave, recalled the terrifying scene that took place Wednesday afternoon near Jacksonville Beach.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Taking a break from surfing, he said she was wading in waist-deep water when she realized something was wrong. “She got bit on the right leg,” Szarmack said. “She said she felt it and turned around and she could see the shark and she could see the fin flailing around.” Despite serious injuries, the girl then reportedly turned to a nearby friend – warning her of the danger and telling her to get out of the water – before walking onto the beach. Upon realizing a younger girl was still in harm’s way, Dave Szarmack said his daughter “went back and took the girl out of the water.”

As it turned out, Kaley Szarmack needed roughly 90 stitches to mend the deep gashes to her leg. Her father said she was in surgery for about an hour. The prognosis, however, is excellent.

Despite a “pretty big scar and quite a story to tell,” Dave Szarmack said his daughter should be “back in the water in no time.”

A local firefighter, he said finding his daughter in such a bloodied state was something for which his job did not prepare him.

“You see all kinds of things as a fireman,” he said, “but when you see your baby … it was really difficult to see. It was just tough, man. That’s my little girl.”

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Watch: Brave Shop Owner Just Turned The Tables On Armed Robbers In An Awesome Way

ADVISORY: The video associated with this post contains graphic images that may be disturbing to some.

The owner of an auto parts shop in Oakland Park, Fla., shifted into “no-way” gear earlier this week when he bravely turned the tables on would-be armed robbers, wrestling a gun away from one of the hold-up men and shooting him with his own weapon.

The whole incredible incident was caught on chilling surveillance video released by detectives.

Police say that both the shop owner and the man who tried to rob the business suffered gunshot wounds in the scuffle. But while the man who owns the shop is expected to survive his wound, the accused gunman — who has been charged with attempted murder — remains hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.

An accomplice escaped the scene and is now the focus of a manhunt.

The Sun-Sentinel describes the encounter between the careless suspect, identified as 36-year-old Conrad Bloomfield, and the intrepid business owner, Andrew Hepburn. The newspaper description of the violent incident relies on a police report:

The video shows the would-be robber stomping on Hepburn in an effort to hold him down and grabbing Hepburn’s arms behind

his back. Meanwhile, his fellow assailant appeared to become distracted by a witness.

As Bloomfield rummaged through Hepburn’s pockets, the business owner struggled with Bloomfield in an attempt to get the gun, the report said.

Bloomfield screamed for his accomplice’s help as Hepburn managed to take the gun from him. Authorities say Hepburn shot at Bloomfield five times in the chest. Bloomfield’s accomplice shot Hepburn once on the right side of his chest, the report said.

By clicking on the video above, you can see for yourself how the shop owner didn’t put up with the two thugs trying to rob his business.

ADVISORY: The video associated with this post contains graphic images that may be disturbing to some.

h/t: Daily Mail

Do you think this robber got what he deserved? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

BREAKING: Swing State Shocker Delivers Game-Changing News For Trump And Hillary

Since 1960, no candidate for president has won the general election without taking at least two out of three key swing states: Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. That’s why the shocking results of a brand new poll focusing on voter sentiment in those three battleground states is so significant as the 2016 race heats up.

And this just-released survey from Quinnipiac University shows the heat is on Hillary, as Donald Trump on the right and Joe Biden on the left are both nipping at her heels.

Even though he is undeclared — he’s made no official announcement about whether he will actually enter the race — Vice President Joe Biden is preferred over the presumed Democrat nominee by a significant number of voters in all three swing states.

In fact, Quinnipiac says that in hypothetical matchups Biden outperforms Trump, who is still seen as the GOP front-runner: “Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are clear winners in the Democratic and Republican primaries in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania, but Vice President Joseph Biden runs as well as or better than Clinton against top Republicans in general election matchups in these key swing states….”

Despite his continuing lead over GOP rivals in this latest major poll, the billionaire businessman from New York doesn’t fare as well as two other Republican candidates from the South in the swing state survey:

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida both run better than Trump against Clinton, Biden or U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

Peter Brown, the assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll, notes that Hillary’s negatives are haunting her in an ever-worsening way: “Hillary Clinton’s poll numbers are like a leaky faucet: drip…drip… drip. She is now getting less than half the vote in all three states’ Democratic primaries,” Brown added. “Perhaps most telling is how poorly she scores when all voters in these three key states are asked about her empathy, honesty and temperament.”

In its coverage of the new poll, Politico observes that the front-runners within their respective parties are both plagued by disturbing perceptions among voters — perceptions that could imperil their candidacies should they make it to the 2016 general election.

“Trump and Clinton lead the way despite having some of the lowest favorability and trustworthiness ratings among registered voters in all three states polled, though the ratings improve when the two are just polled among their respective parties, says Politico. “Still, Democratic voters in all three states recorded higher net favorability ratings for Biden than they did for Clinton. Trump is around the middle of the pack in net favorability among GOP voters.”

With regard to Biden’s decision about a possible 2016 run, CNN reported earlier this week that sources familiar with insider conversations and considerations say “there is a general consensus that October 1 is as late as the VP could wait to decide.”

Among the insiders’ info, says CNN, is a theoretical look at a campaign strategy should the vice president jump into the nominating contest.

…in the view of several people involved, the best way to think of the possibility is with the framework of a four-state initial strategy: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. The idea here is that, if Biden were to run, the first four contests on the nominating calendar would deliver a clear verdict as to whether he had a real chance to knock Clinton from her front-runner status….

Of course, that’s assuming Hillary doesn’t knock herself out of the pole position in the Democrat race. Her declining popularity reflected in sinking poll numbers — resulting largely from Emailgate and other scandals swirling around the former first lady — indicate that self-destruction is a real possibility.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Watch: Another Illegal Charged With Brutal Murders That Cops Call ‘Almost Unimaginable’

In its coverage of the brutal murders of four people in Florida, including an unborn child, NBC News didn’t point out that the teenage suspect is an illegal immigrant until the final paragraph of its story on the gruesome killings east of Fort Myers. You have to read all the way to the end of the 8-paragraph report before you’re told that the “teenager from Belize,” identified as Brian Omar Hyde, illegally crossed the Texas border about seven months ago.

Hyde reportedly made his way to Florida, where he apparently lived with or near the people he’s now charged with slaughtering. One of the victims was said to have been a relative of the 19-year-old who allegedly beat his victims to death. Another one of the dead was a pregnant 17-year-old girl.

WINK News reports that a spokesman for the Lee County Sheriff’s Office described the shocking murder scene:

“This was an extremely violent scene, even for us,” said Lt. Matt Sands with the sheriff’s office. “This scene was unimaginable, what happened.”

Miraculously, a one-year-old toddler was found alive inside a bedroom of the home where the murders occurred.

Investigators say Hyde was captured in a traffic stop. He was reportedly covered in blood.

By clicking on the video above, you can watch the NBC2-TV report that discloses how the illegal immigrant, now behind bars in Florida and charged with murder, was known to authorities in his native country — he was a wanted man in Belize when he fled into the U.S.

h/t: The Right Scoop

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

County Removes Confederate Battle Flag, Replaces It With Something That Enrages Critics Even More

When Walton County officials voted to remove a Confederate battle flag that flew near the courthouse, it was not quite the victory for which local activists had hoped. Some residents of the Florida county complained that the flag chosen to replace the outgoing banner was equally – if not more – offensive.

County commissioners voted unanimously to raise the first Confederate States of America flag, using a design with seven stars as a temporary placeholder until they can obtain one with the preferred 13-star layout.

In a Huffington Post interview, local activists Daniel and Michelle Uhlfelder shared their displeasure over the county’s decision.

“It’s perplexing how this is perceived as any compromise,” Daniel Uhlfelder said, adding that commissioners “replaced a symbol of segregation with a symbol of slavery and secession.”

His wife noted that, just as Coke and Diet Coke are products of the same company, the two flags being discussed “endorse the same statement: this County does not believe in equal rights for all within the halls of justice.”

Before casting her vote, Commissioner Sara Comander defended the decision while expressing concern for those offended.

“The soil of Walton County has been enriched with the blood and sweat of the people who came before every one of us,” he said, “some who fought and died in the war between the states. I want to honor all of those who came before us, but I also want to be cognizant of those that the present flag seems to offend.”

While the Uhlfelders say they have been pushing for the Confederate flag’s removal from county property for more than a decade, their efforts were renewed when South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley initiated the process in her state.

Should the flag now flying near the Walton County Courthouse also be replaced? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth