Explosive: Trump Caught Doing Something For A Major Lib That Has People Shocked

A member of the Republican National Committee (RNC) is calling on a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate in California to return campaign contributions made by GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Shawn Steel, who has served on the RNC since 2008, contends Trump is not a conservative but instead is “exploiting the Republican Party in his latest PR gambit.” Steel wrote a commentary last week in Flash Report, a blog that covers California politics. “Donald Trump is a big government authoritarian who backs liberal Democrats like Kamala Harris,” he added.

Steel also served as chairman of the California GOP from 2001 to 2005.

Harris, currently the California Attorney General, is running for the Senate seat being vacated by Barbara Boxer in 2016. The Trump Organization has donated $6,000 to Harris’ campaign for Attorney General, and Steel has called on Harris to distance herself from Trump.

Image Credit: Flash Report

Image Credit: Flash Report

“When national embarrassment Donald Trump isn’t busy attacking immigrants, he’s writing big checks to Democrat Kamala Harris. Attorney General Kamala Harris should denounce Trump’s offensive comments and give her ‘Donald Dollars’ to charity,” writes Steel.

That’s why today, I’m calling on Democratic US Senate candidate and state Attorney General Kamala Harris to disgorge her campaign of its contributions from national embarrassment Donald Trump.

Like many Republican voters, I have yet to make up my mind in the presidential race. But, I am decidedly against a big government hypocrite like Donald Trump.

Conservative Republicans and progressive Democrats can agree: Donald Trump’s hateful rhetoric has no place in politics. It’s time that Kamala Harris stood up to her campaign contributor.

Trump has also given $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation, supported Obama’s first presidential candidacy in 2008, and switched political parties at least five times since the 1980s. The real estate mogul is taking a hard line on immigration and is refusing to back down over controversial comments he made after first announcing his candidacy for president last month.

h/t: Flash Report

Is Donald Trump a hypocrite, or is donating to both parties the cost of doing business today? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

WATCH This Repub Get Physically Silenced On Camera By Dem Who Doesn’t Like What He Says

A California Republican assemblyman was shocked on Wednesday, when the Democrat chair of the Labor and Employment Committee not only cut off debate on a proposed new minimum wage law, but also ordered his microphone to be physically removed.

The proposed Senate Bill 3 would raise California’s minimum wage in stages from $9 to $13 in 2017, and then generate automatic increases based on the inflation rate. The state’s two largest cities, San Francisco and Los Angeles, recently passed measures that will ultimately increase their minimum wage to $15 per hour.

Assemblyman Matthew Harper, R-Huntington Beach (just south of Los Angeles), told The Blaze that Democratic chair Rodger Hernández called an end to debate while a witness was mid-sentence in testifying before the committee on the effects of raising the minimum wage.

“At this time, I’m going to call the vote,” Hernández stated twice over protest. Harper indicated to the chair that he had remarks he would like to make.

“At this time, I’m calling the vote,” Hernández reiterated.

“You are cutting off [debate]?” said Harper. “That’s totally inappropriate.”

“You’re inappropriate and out of order!” replied the chairman. “Madam secretary, call the vote.”

The measure passed committee in a 5-2 party line vote.

Hernández turned to Harper after the vote and said: “You can’t be yelling in this committee like that.” (The video clearly shows Harper was not yelling.)

“Mr. Chairman, the cutoff of debate is completely embarrassing and inappropriate and shows you how [the minimum wage law] is being rammed through the state of California,” Harper responded.

Hernández then reached over to turn off Harper’s mic.

“Sergeants, please remove the mic,” he instructed. “Please remove the mic. You’re yelling. You are out of order. You have not been recognized.”

When the sergeant hesitated, Hernández stated forcefully: “I’m running the meeting,” and the sergeant removed the microphone.

Reports of the incident reached Democrat Speaker of the Assembly Toni Atkins, D-San Diego, later that day, prompting him to intervene.

Atkins spokesman John Casey wrote in an e-mail to the Sacramento Bee that Hernández “acknowledged his oversight to Mr. Harper and expressed regret.” Casey added:

The Speaker believes that all members of the Assembly have the right to ask questions and voice their opinions on legislative matters while in committee and on the floor…The Speaker doesn’t expect any similar incidents to occur going forward.

In a statement, Harper said:

Blocking discussion in this manner is unfair, undemocratic and soils the decorum of the Assembly. I was sent here to represent the concerns of the voters of my district and chairman Hernández shut down my ability to speak for who I represent.

Our state’s underemployment rate is overwhelming and the bill being rammed through our committee would make it harder to hire. We are sent here to debate policy that impacts the lives of Californians, not shut down dissenting points of view.

The chair’s actions were offensive and disrespectful today, not just to me, but to Californians who want jobs and deserve to know the impacts policy will have on their chances of employment. The good people of the San Gabriel Valley deserve better from their representative and Californians as a whole deserve more from those who serve them.

As reported by Western Journalism, early indicators suggest that when Seattle became the first city to raise its minimum wage to $15 per hour, it did not yield all the positive benefits City Hall intended. Among the unintended consequences were restaurant closures, fewer hours and benefits, and fewer employees.

Former California Governor Ronald Reagan had a similar experience as Assemblyman Harper, with his microphone being cut off during a presidential debate in 1980. Reagan asked to make an announcement before the debate began, indicating he had been promised the opportunity to do so. His campaign had underwritten the entire cost the debate in New Hampshire–when the other candidates declined to contribute.

The debate moderator replied: “Would the sound man please turn Mr. Reagan’s microphone off,” prompting the candidate to say with indignation that “I am paying for this microphone!” Reagan’s response drew roars of approval from the crowd and a standing ovation from even some of the other candidates on stage. Many observers saw it as a defining moment in his campaign for the presidency.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Watch: A California Family Is Supporting 4-Year-Old’s Decision To Now Be This

NPR recently presented the story of two Oakland, Calif., parents indulging their preschool son’s desire to live as a girl. James Christian and Mary Carter referred to 4-year-old Jack as ‘Jackie,’ his preferred name, and used the pronoun ‘she’ in references to him.

Carter recalled the day she realized she wanted to let her son have his way.

“I was driving home from school with Jackie in the backseat,” she said, “and I looked in my rearview mirror and I saw Jackie looked really, really sad – sadder than a 3 ½ year old should look.”

She explained that she knew her son needed to tell her something, so she began to prod.

“I asked and I said, ‘Jackie, are you sad that you’re not going to school today?’ And Jackie was really quiet and put her head down, and said, ‘I’m sad because I’m a boy,’” she said.

It was when she asked if he was “happy being you,” she recalled, that the toddler began to smile.

“We stopped off at Walgreens,” she said, “I told Jackie she could pick out something special.”

According to Carter, the boy picked out a package of elastic hairbands. Upon arriving home, she said, he put his hair in five ponytails and posed in Little Mermaid-themed pajamas.

“I’ve never seen such a happy child,” she said, describing the sight of her son as “pure joy, just pure joy right there.”

Christian had noticeably less to say on the subject, recalling only a “long period” during which he told himself that “it’s just a phase.”

Fox News shared the NPR clip, prompting overwhelming disapproval of the parents’ permissive attitude.

One reader wondered if this development means “we are rethinking age of consent laws” in preparation of legalizing pedophilia.

Another suggested that it isn’t the 4-year-old but his parents who are confused.

“He was born a boy,” one pithy critic wrote, “and will always be a boy.”

Should young kids be encouraged in their gender-bending fantasies? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

The Tragic Case Of The SF Killing Allegedly By An Illegal Immigrant Just Took A Bizarre Twist

According to multiple news sources, the gun used to kill a young woman who was out for a walk along San Francisco’s waterfront belonged to a federal agent. Among the media outlets reporting the bizarre twist in the story is the San Francisco Chronicle, which says the weapon was stolen from the unnamed federal agent in a car burglary in June:

The .40-caliber pistol was stolen from the agent not long before Kathryn Steinle was shot to death July 1 at Pier 14 on the Embarcadero, said one source, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about the case publicly.

The Chronicle also cites other sources inside the investigation who say the murder weapon was not the agent’s officially issued firearm.

The apparently random killing of Steinle as she walked along Pier 14 with her father last week has set off a firestorm of debate over San Francisco’s “sanctuary city” policy. The suspect accused of killing the woman is an illegal immigrant with a lengthy arrest record who has reportedly been caught and deported five times to his native Mexico.

Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges of murder and other crimes. It has not been disclosed whether he is suspected of stealing the federal agent’s gun that was used in the killing. As Western Journalism has reported, Lopez-Sanchez told a TV reporter in a jailhouse interview that he found the weapon on a bench, wrapped in a T-shirt, and that it accidentally discharged.

The tragic case of the San Francisco killing has reignited the national debate over illegal immigration, sanctuary cities, and the Obama administration’s border enforcement and deportation policies.

The Washington Times notes that even liberal Democrats have now condemned the actions of San Francisco political leaders and law enforcement officials, saying their mistakes led to the needless death of Steinle:

…multiple Democratic officials — from Sen. Dianne Feinstein to presidential front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton — criticized San Francisco for its sanctuary policies of refusing routine cooperation with federal immigration officials.

It seems all but certain that the shooting suspect, Lopez-Sanchez, will not again be freed from custody and allowed back onto the streets of San Francisco. The Washington Times coverage of the case notes: “His bail was set at $5 million, which means he will stay in jail until the murder trial, where he faces a possible sentence of life imprisonment.”

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Scary Russian Activity Just Off California Coast Triggers Immediate Response From US Military

Two pairs of Russian jets flew off the coast of Alaska and California Saturday – Independence Day – forcing the Air Force to scramble jets to intercept them, a report says.

Fox News gives insight as to when the incidents occurred:

The first incident occurred at 10:30 a.m. ET on July 4 off the coast of Alaska, Fox News is told. Two U.S. Air Force F-22 jets were scrambled from their base in Alaska to intercept two Tupolev Tu-95 long-range strategic bombers, capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

The second incident occurred at 11:00 a.m. ET also on July 4, off the central coast of California. Two F-15s from an undisclosed location were scrambled to intercept another pair of Tu-95 Bear bombers.

This happened just as Russian President Vladimir Putin was wishing President Obama a happy Independence Day.

A NORAD spokesman did not tell Fox News if the bombers were armed. The Russian bombers never entered U.S. airspace (12 miles off the coast), a defense official said. But it was not clear how close they came. “These are not unprecedented flights, but we are postured to respond whether Alaska or California,” NORAD spokesman Michael Kucharek told Fox. “At no time did the bombers enter North American sovereign airspace.”

Are you concerned about this? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth