WATCH: Trump Is Teaming Up With Another 2016 Candidate To Fight Obama In A BOLD Way

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump announced that he and fellow GOP candidate and “friend” Ted Cruz are “doing something very big” within the next two weeks in Washington.

Trump told a group of reporters after a campaign event in Greenville, S.C. that “It is essentially a protest against the totally incompetent deal that we’re doing with Iran.”

“We’re going to have a tremendous crowd come out,” he promised.

One of the candidate’s biggest complaints against the deal is the release of tens of billions of dollars to the rogue regime.

“By the way, even if you break it up, they are going to get $150 billion,” he said. “You know what I’d do? I wouldn’t give them the money. I don’t care what the deal — I would not give them the money.”

The Cruz campaign later told TheBlaze that the Texas senator “has invited Donald Trump to join him on the Capitol grounds for a rally to call on members of Congress to defeat the catastrophic deal that the Obama Administration has struck with the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

The Tea Party Patriots, Center for Security Policy, and the Zionist Organization of America are sponsoring the event, which will take place on Capitol Hill, according to campaign spokesman Catherine Frazier. 

“We are thankful for all their hard work on this effort and will have more details on time, date, and location as they are finalized,” she added.

Politico reports:

Morton Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America, said the rally is tentatively slated for Sept. 9. He said he welcomed Trump’s involvement and the attention he would bring to the Iran agreement’s opposition.

“Anybody who’s in public life and opposed to the deal, it’s useful to have them speak out and oppose this catastrophe,” Klein said. “It’s not a bad deal, it’s a catastrophe. Every American should be freaking out about arming and funding the Hitler of the day.”

Cruz has been outspoken in his opposition to the Iranian nuclear deal, going so far as to introduce legislation to delay the vote until the details of all the so-called “side deals” are known, The Hill reports.

The senator released a statement earlier this month going after the verification regime, or lack thereof, established by the deal:

“…this deal is not materially different than simply calling the Iranian supreme leader, asking if they’re developing nuclear weapons, and taking his word for it when he says ‘no.’

“The idea that we would trust Iran to inspect their own facilities takes a level of gullibility and naiveté that exceeds the standards even of the Obama Administration. Nobody would sign this agreement without knowing full well that the predictable and certain outcome of this agreement is that Iran will acquire nuclear weapons. And no one in their right mind would want a regime that is led by a radical, theocratic Ayatollah, who chants ‘Death to America,’ to acquire nuclear weapons.

“In my view, the Iranian nuclear deal is catastrophic, and there is no higher priority over the next 60 days than to energize and mobilize the American people to reach out to every member of Congress, Republican and Democrat, and urge them to reject this deal.” 

A vote in Congress concerning the Iranian nuclear deal is expected in September.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

200 Retired US Generals And Admirals Call Upon Congress To Reject ‘Defective’ Nuclear Deal With Iran

A group of over 200 retired U.S. generals and admirals has sent a letter to Congress in which they condemn the nuclear deal between Iran and the so-called 5+1 countries, the Washington Post reported.

The letter was a response to a petition in support of the deal which was sent to Congress last week by a group of three dozen retired U.S. military personnel.

The most recent action was initiated by retired Admiral Leon “Bud” Edney, who served as deputy chief of naval operations. Many of the senior military officers in the group worked in the White House under Democratic as well as Republican administrations.

The senior officers wrote in their letter that the deal – called the Joint Comprehensive Plan Of Action (JCPOA) – will “threaten the national security and vital interests of the United States and, therefore, should be disapproved by the Congress.”

The group says the agreement does not “cut off every pathway” to an Iranian nuclear weapon as is claimed by the Obama administration.

“To the contrary,” the officers wrote, “it actually provides Iran with a legitimate path to doing that simply by abiding by the deal.”

 ”JCPOA allows all the infrastructure the Iranians need for a nuclear bomb to be preserved and enhanced. Notably, Iran is allowed to: continue to enrich uranium; develop and test advanced centrifuges; and continue work on its Arak heavy-water plutonium reactor. Collectively, these concessions afford the Iranians, at worst, a ready breakout option and, at best, an incipient nuclear weapons capability a decade from now,” according to the officers.

Their arguments against the deal are very similar to those of Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders from across the political spectrum.

“This agreement will enable Iran to become far more dangerous, render the Mideast still more unstable and introduce new threats to American interests as well as our allies. In our professional opinion, far from being an alternative to war, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action makes it likely that the war the Iranian regime has waged against us since 1979 will continue, with far higher risks to our national security interests. Accordingly, we urge the Congress to reject this defective accord,” the retired generals and admirals concluded their letter.

You can read the full text of the letter here.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

Watch: How Cruz Just Compared Megyn Kelly To Obama Could Bring A Big Smile To Trump’s Face

Ever since Donald Trump declared that the United States should end its practice of granting birthright citizenship to children born in the U.S. to parents who are illegal immigrants, the GOP 2016 front-runner has been blasted in the liberal media. The far-left Mother Jones, for example, cites “experts” who say that doing away with rights afforded so-called “anchor babies” would “lead to disaster” by creating millions of “stateless children.”

Of course, Mother Jones also grossly mischaracterizes Trump’s campaign-launching claim about the problems created by criminal aliens illegally entering the U.S. The Trump-bashing publication charges that the billionaire businessman began his quest for the presidency “by calling Mexican immigrants ‘rapists.’” In making this exaggerated claim, Mother Jones purposefully blurs the critical distinction between legal and illegal immigrants.

On her Fox News show Tuesday night, Megyn Kelly put another Republican presidential contender on the hot seat, grilling Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas about his views on birthright citizenship. The GOP candidate has indicated that he agrees with Trump on many issues surrounding illegal immigration and the problems it presents. When Cruz was asked on The Kelly File about his views on the controversial practice of automatically granting U.S. citizenship to anchor babies, the conservative senator said:

What that does, it serves as an incentive encouraging people to break the law and come here illegally and we ought to change that policy.

Kelly pressed for a “yes” or “no” answer from Cruz — would he propose deporting the children of illegals who have been granted birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment? Again, Cruz sidestepped the question, calling it a “distraction.” He said there are serious legal disputes as to the best way to undo the longstanding practice — by congressional action or by constitutional amendment. “We should change the policy so that we’re not rewarding and incentivizing and encouraging more illegal immigration,” he argued.

“You’re dodging my question,” interjected Kelly, the Fox News anchor whom Donald Trump has repeatedly and, in the opinion of some, crudely criticized.

That’s when Ted Cruz shot back, telling Megyn Kelly she was asking “the question every mainstream media liberal journalist wants to ask…. It’s also the question Barack Obama wants to focus on.”

By clicking on the video above, you can see the complete exchange between Ted Cruz and Megyn Kelly that brought fireworks to the Wednesday edition of The Kelly File.

h/t: TheBlaze

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

BULLSEYE: Charlie Daniels Totally Nukes ‘Pushover, Pathetic’ Congress In Awesome Open Letter

Not only can he belt out hit lyrics, but country music superstar Charlie Daniels can also fire off an incredibly hard-hitting letter to Congress — a blistering open letter that could easily serve as Daniels’ entry into rough-and-tumble politics, should he ever choose to switch careers.

Published by CNS News, this missile, uh, missive takes dead aim at a body of lawmakers that Daniels condemns as “milksop, politically correct, scared of their own shadow, pushover, pathetic excuses for public servants who are supposed to be representing a constituency of citizens who have to live with the circumstances of their timid folly.”

The open letter begins with Daniels’ unabashed admiration for members of the Continental Congress and other proud and patriotic figures in American history, including presidents and military leaders.

The history of this nation is written in the blood and courage of men who stood in the face of overwhelming odds – politicians, soldiers, statesmen and ordinary citizens who sought to do the right thing regardless of the cost or the consequences.

Then the popular singer, guitarist and fiddler whose biggest hit is “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” launches a scathing assault on the current crop of Capitol Hill lawmakers for allowing Barack Obama and his allies to make “a deal with the devil.”

“Be honest with yourselves a minute,” writes Daniels. “Go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and ask the person you see this question: ‘Do I really believe that Iran will not use the money we’re releasing to them to finance terrorists to kill Americans, and, when, not if, but when, the Iranians develop their nuclear device, will they really use it against America and Israel?’”

The music superstar goes on to pound lawmakers mercilessly for not doing anything meaningful about border security, for allowing the federal budget to balloon and the national debt to explode, and for letting the IRS run amok over the administration’s political opponents.

He goes so far as to accuse federal office holders of shirking their duty and betraying their country, charging, “you’ve sat on your hands while an imperial president has rubbed your noses in the dirt time after time.”

Charlie Daniels’ scorn for members of the modern House and Senate is expressed in no uncertain terms, and without giving the targets of his contemptuous criticism time to catch their breath.

You’re puppets, caricatures, jokes, a gaggle of fading prostitutes for sale to anybody who can do you a political favor.

This isn’t the first time that Daniels has penned an open letter that throws the book at Washington. As Western Journalism reported on June 11th of this year, the 78-year-old music legend struck a chord with many Americans in firing off an open letter to President Obama that called him an “intentional” liar who demonstrates an immature “petulance” in the face of criticism. The iconic singer-songwriter-musician concluded that letter with this ominous line: “Time is running out for you Mr. President and the horrible thing about it is that time is running out for America too.”

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth

BOOM! This New Trump Video Takes Just 15 Seconds To Roast A Rival With Ultimate Irony

Just a week ago, the Trump campaign put out a short but hard-hitting video that scorched both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for, essentially, fiddling while Rome burned…or, in contemporary terms, playing around in office while the world is on fire. The basic message of the incendiary piece, as Western Journalism reported, was: “Politicians are having fun on our dime while the world is burning.”

Posted to Trump’s Facebook page, that video got more than 2.1 million views and generated more than 97,000 likes and 10,500 comments.

Now, the campaign for the feisty GOP front-runner has released another 15-second piece that skewers one of his main rivals for the nomination, Jeb Bush. And the video makes its point using the words of Jeb’s own mother.

“Mother Knows Best Jeb” is the punch line of the new release that relies on a TV interview with Barbara Bush in which she was asked if she would like to see Jeb run for president. By clicking on the video above, you can see how the Trump campaign neatly packaged Mrs. Bush’s unequivocal answer into another pithy piece with the accompanying text from “The Donald”: “Even Barbara Bush agrees with me.”

What do you think? Was Barbara Bush’s interview fair game for Trump to use in a campaign video? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Equipping You With The Truth