The fight against indefinite military detention continues. Yesterday, the Las Vegas City Council and the Clark County Commission drafted anti-NDAA legislation to protect the Constitutional rights of their constituents.
City Councilman Bob Beers and County Commissioner Chris Giunchliani put forth the draft.
Afterward, Daphne Lee, the Clark County Chapter Head of PANDA, and Christopher Corbett, Nevada Executive Director of PANDA, expressed their gratitude to Beers and Giunchliani. Corbett said:
“This initiative will help raise awareness of the NDAA and encourage other municipalities and our state legislators to do the same.”
Specifically, sub-sections 1021 and 1022 of the NDAA allow the indefinite arrest, imprisonment, and/or transport to foreign prisons of anyone on U.S. soil whom the federal government declares is a terrorist suspect. In short, the 2012 NDAA enables the government to make any person on U.S. soil a prisoner of war.
Currently making its way to committee in the Nevada State Legislature is a related bill, Don Gustavson’s BDR 728, the Nevada Liberty Preservation Act.
You can help stop this violation of our Constitutional rights. You can help stop the NDAA. Encourage your representative to support this legislation, or thank them for doing so:
If you live in Las Vegas, go to http://www.lasvegasnevada.
If you live in Clark County, go to http://www.clarkcountynv.
Join us in the battle to stop the NDAA nationwide: http://pandaunite.
Photo credit: watchingfrogsboil (Creative Commons)
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Las Vegas Passes Anti-NDAA Resolution PANDA Nevada (People Against the National Defense Authorization Act) announces the...
- Constable And Activists Urge City Council To Pass Anti-NDAA Ordinance On Monday, January 28, 2013, a group of about 30...
- NDAA Nullification Bill Introduced In Nevada! The Nevada Chapters of PANDA (People Against the National Defense...
- State Senator Blocking Nevada Anti-NDAA Bill On March 26th, we asked you to contact Representative Tobin,...
- PANDA (People Against The NDAA) Announces The Kickoff Of Operation Homeland Liberty On January 3, 2013, PANDA launched Operation Homeland Liberty. The...