“I’m an ex offender trying to stop the next offender “ -Paul McKinley
There’s something very familiar about Illinois GOP congressional candidate Paul McKinley.
I grew up with men like him. And I’ve opposed those like his previous self all my adult life.
Urban thugs inspired my phrase,”chocolate Klansmen.”
I also support the few who climb out of the grave of crime and ignorance smothering neighborhoods like the ones he and I grew up in.
His ex-con background is getting a lot of press, ironically from the same mainstream media otherwise reliably soft on crime.
It seems their embrace of urban rehabilitation stops short of Black men running as Republicans.
To be fair, the Chicago GOP establishment hasn’t recieved him with open arms either.
Herein lies the dilemma:
Inner city reformers like McKinley are representative of life within these Democrat-held areas. While purists balk at his diction, it is the same language spoken daily in an America few Republicans dare visit.
His advocacy against Chicago’s infamous “Machine” and support of traditional marriage and gun rights are what the inner-city needs to hear more from traditionalists from there.
He can’t be dismissed as a trust-fund baby.
He can’t be accused of acting “too White” (a usual Democrat charge) for such an urban district.
He knows life there with an intimacy few critics or even distant supporters can match. Very rarely do people escape such hopelessness.
In Paul McKinley, America witnesses a truly Hood conservative who has lived the worst of the inner-city life and now wants to help save it.
Sounds good to me.
Here’s his priceless analysis of Chicago’s “Machine”:
Donate/Stop Socialist Hate: http://www.gofundme.com/197xk8
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Paul Ryan’s Life Changes In Ways Big And Small BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. (Official Wire) — It’s safe to say...
- Pro-Lifer Paul Ryan Changes Everything For Obama The panic of the Left over Mitt Romney’s selection of...
- Paul Ryan Courts Miami’s Cuban-American Voters MIAMI (Official Wire) — Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan...
- Rand Paul Is Launching A New Ad Campaign To Help Todd Akin Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is wading into the nation’s most...
- Chicago “Chocolate Klansmen” Attack Gang Funeral Places of worship were once off limits for even the...