Revealed: The 1 GOP Candidate The Establishment REALLY Wants Out Of The Race

In one of the latest strategies from a Republican establishment trying to find the right combination of factors to stop presidential candidate Donald Trump, subtle and public pressure is being applied to convince Ohio Gov. John Kasich to drop out of the race.

The concept is that with fewer candidates, Trump foes will outnumber his loyalists and Trump will not win the nomination

There’s one problem: Kasich isn’t going away.

“I’m going to stay in for a long time,” Kasich said. “I’m going all the way.”

In keeping with the tongue-in-cheek tone Kasich often projects, his communications director sent a tweet Thursday calling on another mainstream candidate to quit.

“.‪@JohnKasich is the ONLY candidate who can beat @realDonaldTrump on 3/15. @marcorubio needs to do the right thing & suspend campaign,” tweeted Chris Schrimpf.

For others, it’s not a laughing matter as the establishment tries to coalesce votes behind Sen. Marco Rubio.

“I think it is not helpful to have more than one mainstream candidate in this race,” said Bobbie Kilberg, a prominent Republican fundraiser,

“If at some point John were to decide not to go forward with his campaign, Marco would be the primary beneficiary of that decision,” former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said. “It’s not for me or anyone else to say when John should stay in or get out but … John’s decision to stay in or get out could have a marked impact on the race.”

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, who endorsed Rubio earlier this week, said Kasich’s exit would help Rubio.

“It would be, but that’s up to John and John’s got every right to stay in the race,” Hatch said. “But sooner or later, it’s got to come down to Marco if people really look at it carefully.”

Polls in the upcoming Super Tuesday voting show Kasich trailing. However, Kasich’s home state of Ohio votes March 15. If Kasich were to win the winner-take-all contest, he would amass 66 delegates.

“They thought we would have a nominee by some point in March. This is going to be a race that’s going to go much deeper into the calendar,” Kasich strategist John Weaver told reporters Saturday. “The Kasich brand of being uplifting and inclusive, of having a conservative reform agenda that can be enacted and can be positive is a growing force in national politics.

“We do believe that it will be a one-on-one race with Donald Trump.”

As the establishment pushes Kasich, he is pushing back. He recently told a crowd at George Mason University that he’s bucking the establishment.

“I’m not gonna shut something down because a bunch of people in the inner city of Washington who frankly never liked me from the beginning are going to tell me what I’m gonna do,” Kasich said.

“I think it’s funny. I think it’s ridiculous,” he said when asked about efforts to nudge him to the sidelines. “I don’t take orders from K Street, from inner rooms, from lobbyists, I’ve challenged the establishment my whole career.”

h/t: Politico

Watch: What Rubio And Cruz Were Caught Doing During Debate Commercial Break Has People Talking

In the final Republican debate before Super Tuesday’s slew of primaries, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz finally came to the hunt loaded for bear against Donald Trump. But there is still a lot of animosity between the two senators.

Despite their ire, what the pair did during a commercial break has people talking.

During a timeout from the Trump bashing that constituted a large part of the highly rated GOP debate, Cruz and Rubio crossed the stage to shake hands, something surprising to many because of the vitriol between them.

Even with Rubio’s habit of constantly calling Cruz a “liar,” it appears Cruz was still up for a handshake and a kind word. And Rubio replied in kind, if photos are any indication.

There were also some reports the two senators met and spoke before the debate even started, as well.

Certainly the two freshman Senators did a major tag-team attack on Trump during the debate in an effort Trump dismissed as just a pair of senators “swinging for the fences.”

Trump continued his own debate by jumping onto Twitter to slam his opponents.

Not surprisingly, Trump wasn’t bashful about his performance.

According to CNN, this debate was one of the “highest rated debates in months.”

h/t: Gateway Pundit

WOW: Americans Just Picked The Winner Of Last Repub Debate – It Wasn’t Even Close

The Independent Journal Review, along with Google Consumer Surveys, conducted a poll to determine who won Thursday’s Republican presidential candidate debate. According to the opinions of those polled who watched the CNN debates, Donald Trump won by a landslide. The debate, which had Sen. Marco Rubio, on Trump’s left, and Sen. Ted Cruz on his right, could be likened to a fireworks display of attack and counter-attacks, with both Cruz and Rubio sandwiching Trump with their blasts, which were often personal.

Viewers took notice and the poll numbers reflect their opinions on which candidate emerged the victor. Of those polled, 43.6 percent believed Trump defeated his Republican opponents. 29.7 percent has Rubio as the winner. Only 12.1 percent believed Cruz won the debates. Gov. John Kasich (OH) recieved 9.7 percent of the votes, and Dr. Ben Carson, coming in last in the polls, only had 5 percent of the post-debate votes.

Another potential post-debate poll was another question asked in the survey, that is, which candidate did voters most want to exit the race. Unfortunately for Carson, those surveyed also conveyed they most wanted Carson to drop out of the race.

45.2 percent want Carson to exit the race, and 22.1 percent want Kasich to leave the race. 12.6 percent, want Trump to leave the race, but as it appears now, that is very unlikely to happen.

Watch: People Noticed 1 Thing All 5 GOP Candidates Agreed On- It Might Worry Some Americans

All five Republican candidates side with the FBI over Apple in the stand off regarding gaining access to San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook’s iPhone.

At the GOP debate in Houston on Thursday night all the candidates but Donald Trump were asked whether, as president, they would force Apple to comply with a court order to assist the FBI in gaining access to the cell phone.

As reported by Western Journalism, Apple CEO Tim Cook has claimed the FBI wants his company to create a “backdoor” into the phone’s operating system, which he argues would potentially compromise the security of all iPhone users.

The government has responded that it only wants the company to disable the self-destruct software, so investigators can use its tools to ascertain the password to gain access to the phone’s data.

Trump has called for a boycott of Apple until it complies with the court order. “We gotta get to the bottom of [the San Bernardino shooting], but we’re not going to get to the bottom of it unless we use common sense,” Trump said at campaign event last week. “So I like the idea of boycotting Apple until such time as they give that information – I think that’s a great idea.”

His four GOP rivals also stated that Apple should comply with the order. Sen. Marco Rubio noted at Thursday’s GOP debate that the phone did not even belong to Farook, but to the government. “[A]ll they’re asking [Apple] to do is to disable the self-destruct mode or the auto-erase mode on one phone in the entire world. But Apple doesn’t want to do it because they think it hurts their brand,” the senator said.

Well, let me tell you, their brand is not superior to the national security of the United States of America,” he added, which drew applause from the audience.

Sen. Cruz Ted agreed, stating, “Apple doesn’t have a right to defy a valid court order in a terrorism investigation.”

Dr. Ben Carson pointed out that the Fourth Amendment guarantees citizens’ right against unlawful searches and seizures by the government without probable cause, but such is not the case regarding Farook. “I think allowing terrorist to get away with things is bad for America,” the candidate said adding, “I would expect Apple to comply with the court order.”

Gov. John Kasich said, “You know what the problem is? Where’s the president been? You sit down in a back room and you sit down with the parties and you get this worked out. You don’t litigate this on the front page of the New York Times…” He continued, “[Y]ou know what you do when you’re the president? You lock the door and you say you’re not coming out until you reach an agreement that both gives the security people what they need and protects the rights of Americans.”

h/t: Yahoo News

Scary: Top Intel Officials Just Issued THIS Massive Terror Warning For America

The country’s top intelligence official testified on Thursday before Congress that the U.S. faces the highest terror threat level since 9/11.

Appearing before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper stated that ISIS has now eclipsed al Qaeda worldwide and that “unpredictable instability has become the new normal,” the Washington Beacon reported

Clapper testified that seven countries now have collapsing governments and an additional 14 are in danger of failing, due to instability, which creates potential safe havens for terrorist groups to rise.

Syria is exhibit A in this global reality, according to the intelligence chief. “There are now more Sunni [Muslim] violent extremist groups, members of safe havens, than any time in history,” Clapper said, noting that the rate of foreign fighters now traveling to Syria and Iraq is “without precedent.”

“At least 38,200 foreign fighters, including 6,900 from Western countries, have made their way to Syria from about 120 different countries since the Syrian conflict began in 2012,” the Beacon reported. 

“Returning foreign fighters [to Europe and elsewhere], with first-hand battlefield experience, poses a dangerous operational threat,” Clapper said, citing last year’s massive terrorist attack in Paris. He added that terrorists could be trained in Iraq and Syria and sent to commit attacks in the U.S. like the one carried out in San Bernardino in December, the Daily Caller reported

The intelligence official also discussed the threat posed by Iran. “Iran continues to be the foremost state sponsor of terror and exert its influence in regional crises in the Mid-East through the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force, its terrorist partner Lebanese Hezbollah, and proxy groups,” Clapper said. “Iran and Hezbollah remain a continuing terrorist threat to U.S. interests and partners worldwide.”

He added that the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei still harbors and fosters hatred towards the United States. “Iran’s supreme leader continues to view the U.S. as a major threat and we assess his views will not change despite the implementation of the [nuclear] deal, the exchange of detainees, and the release of the 10 sailors,” Clapper said.

Another major threat to U.S. security is in the realm of cyber security, where Russia, China, Iran and North Korea hack and collect sensitive data from American networks.

“Targeting collection of the U.S. political, military, economic, and technical information by foreign intelligence services continues unabated,” he said. “Russia and China post the greatest threat, followed by Iran and Cuba on a lesser scale.”