The website is still a technical disaster zone that has been diplomatically described as “state of the art incompetence,” despite the promise that it will be up and running smoothly by the end of November by its new technical surge director.
Obamacare was supposed to provide access to affordable health care insurance by basically implementing a mandate that all Americans will be required to purchase insurance or a pay a fine that would either be a flat rate or a percentage of their income (whichever is higher), thus lowering the costs for everyone.
To sell this to the American people, Obama presented the following “facts” to sell Obamacare –
- “If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan period.”
- “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor period.”
- “…will lower premiums as much as $2,500 a year…”
Obama promised that “nothing would change” for most Americans, nor did he qualify any of these promises.
Paying for Obamacare
To pay for it, Obama had a two-point plan –
- Everyone would be required to purchase insurance whether through their employer, the health insurance exchanges, or staying on their parents’ plan if they are young enough.
- Those who did not purchase insurance would either pay a flat fine or a percentage of their income – whichever was higher – to offset the costs of healthcare.
Obama even said that the IRS would deduct the fine from tax returns automatically for those who did not purchase insurance on their own. Reasonable people capable of doing elementary school math explained that it was impossible to lower costs for everyone and provide insurance to millions of previously uninsured Americans. Liberals, with their lapdog media, demonized anyone and everyone who dared to challenge their view.
These were the lies used to sell it. There were no other facts to challenge it with because it would not be implemented for three years. Well, it is being implemented now.
Starting at 1:06
“Because this only works, for example, if young people show up and even if they buy the cheapest plan…We’ve got to have them in the pools because otherwise these projected low costs cannot be held…”
So, according to Clinton, they cannot lower the costs of healthcare if young people do not purchase insurance. If only old people have insurance, then the cost of Obamacare is tilted towards an age group that will use more in services than they are paying for in premiums.
Those are Clinton’s words – not mine. Young people have to buy insurance – not pay the individual mandate fine – for this to work.
Obama – “…absolutely not a tax increase…not have other people carrying your burdens for you…”
But Obama needs young people to pay for the health services that will be used by older people for this disaster to work.
Obama – “…We did raise some taxes on some things…”
The obvious result of doing so is to ensure that some people are being required to bear other people’s burdens for health care to pay for the essential health benefits Obamacare mandates – which will require a number of people to pay for services they would never use (i.e. a single man needing maternity coverage) for other people who will choose not to pay without concern or penalty.
Obamacare is going to raise the cost of healthcare. Eventually, it would do so for all people. Look at the individual mandate as a flat rate or a percentage of income –
- $95 in 2014, would increase to $695 in 2016
- 1% in 2014, would increase to 2.5% in 2016.
This is in the law. It is not open for debate. This is the inevitable result of Obamacare – it will cost everyone more money each year it is in effect.
Keeping Your Doctor/Your Plan
As has recently been reported, this is NOT true. Millions of people have already received cancellation letters saying that their policy is not in compliance with Obamacare.
- Obama’s pledge that ‘no one will take away’ your health plan
- The ObamaCare Awakening
- Obamacare: More than 2 million people getting booted from existing health insurance plans
- Fox News aired a report of the HHS regulations that ensured end of ‘grandfathered plans.’
NBC News, the media mouthpiece of the Obama Administration, posted an article about Obama knowing in 2010 that up to 14 million people would NOT be able to keep their insurance. Then the Obama Administration sanitized that report by taking it down and republishing it with “the facts.”
There are lies, darn lies, and things Obama says:
- There is nothing in the law forcing insurance companies to cancel policies. (Yes, there is. It is called “essential health benefits,” which change what is covered in the plans.)
- They are not losing their coverage, they are being “transitioned.” (Even though they were told they could keep their plan as is, period. You know you lost when the only thing you can do is play semantics.)
But go back to what Clinton said — “Because this only works, if people…buy the cheapest plan…We’ve got to have them in the pools because otherwise these projected low costs cannot be held…”
What better way to ensure that they have to buy insurance on the exchange than to cancel their existing plan and then require them to buy insurance? They expect at least half of those newly uninsured to buy insurance on the exchange to meet the projection of 7-8 million needed to pay for Obamacare.
The whole thing is a lie, it was sold with lies, and no reasonable person should even attempt to defend this lie.
14 million people are being punished to pay for Obamacare, and they need to hold Obama and the Democrats accountable since they are solely responsible.