An observant reporter at the Democratic National Convention came across a shocking bit of “kitsch” for sale that seems to suggest God so loved the world, He sent us … Barack Obama.
“The Cult of Obama staggers on,” writes David Weigel of Slate.com. “The streets near the convention zone are dotted with vendors selling for-us-by-us Obama merch [sic].”
Among the available merchandise, Weigel came across a photo calendar attributed to James Hickman and offered by a man who reportedly claimed to be Hickman’s nephew.
Most of the calendar’s months are filled with complimentary photos of Obama and factoids about the history of black Americans, but for the August entry (the month of Obama’s birth), the photo features the short-form birth certificate originally purported to be Obama’s and the words, “Heaven Sent: For God so loved the world, that he have his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life – John 3:16.”
While the biblical verse refers to Jesus Christ as the sent Son of God, the calendar page, with Obama’s purported birth certificate and a separate photo of sunlight streaming down on the sitting president’s profile, seems to suggest the “heaven sent” is not Jesus, but Obama.
Nothing visible on the calendar suggests it is connected in any way to the Obama re-election campaign, but a video posted by Hickman shows him distributing promotional materials for the calendar earlier this year in Atlanta and explaining his adoration for Obama.
“We’ve got to get out and vote for the president,” Hickman states. “We just can’t forget about the last four years and what he did for us. Hey! That’s a hard-working man. I give up love and everything to Obama.”
Hickman’s speech is immediately followed by Obama supporting signs reading “I love you President Obama! God bless you!” and “God has spoken … another 4 yrs!”
Read More at WND. By Drew Zahn.
Photo Credit: Dustin C. Oliver (Creative Commons)
- Obama’s ‘Evolved’ Position On Gay Marriage – Anti Biblical And Anti-Christ Only days after the Vice President announced he was comfortable…
- Michelle Compares Obama To Biblical Figures Michelle Obama, speaking at an AME Church conference in Nashville,…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Chick-fil-A President Confirms: “We Support Biblical Families” In case there was any question, Chick-fil-A’s president confirmed in...
- 10 Tenets Of Biblical Christianity “While our country remains untainted with the principles and manners...
- Video: SNL Star Blasts Blasphemous Obama Calendar Speechless. Trying to communicate with these DNC street vendors in...