(Editor’s note: This column was penned before the tragedy yesterday in Connecticut.)
Using the recent shooting at a mall in Oregon as a launching pad, MSNBC presented a one-sided look at the issue of gun control. Considering the source, I doubt I need to clarify which view the network endorsed.
During a segment touted as a debate on the issue, the anchor invited just one guest — a gun control activist with the Brady Campaign — to discuss the merits of gun-grabbing legislation.
The newsman began the interview by asking his guest this hard-hitting question: “Why can’t we get the weapons, though, specifically like what’s being described that was used in this incident most recently in Portland, off the streets?”
Despite the anchor’s rather clumsy phrasing, his guest called it “a good question” and went headlong into his leftist talking points.
Without a conservative guest to challenge the politically correct position, the conversation maintained an anti-Second Amendment vibe.
Americans “don’t want to live in a country that has shootings in malls and movie theaters and places of worship but we also don’t want to live in a country where there are 32 murders every day,” he replied.
No one brought up the fact that Americans also don’t want to live in a country where our constitutionally afforded rights are stripped because of the irresponsible acts of a few murderous lunatics. No one argued that murders and assaults occur consistently in our country without the use of a gun. No one chimed in with statistics proving that responsible gun ownership actually decreases crime.
This is what passes for debate on MSNBC.
The only voice in favor of the Second Amendment came from a clip of Sen. Lindsey Graham recorded during a CNN interview.
Graham rationally explained why he supports gun ownership and, in a broader sense, personal liberty.
“If my individual rights under the Constitution are limited by the sensibility of others, I don’t have a whole lot of rights,” he said in the clip.
Instead of treating Graham’s remarks with respect — as he did with those of his in-studio guest — the MSNBC anchor said they “made [him] nuts.”
I’m sure this network talking head received a hearty pat on the back from his bosses for a job well done; but outside of that leftist enclave, such unbalanced reporting is yet another obvious sign of bias.
B. Christopher Agee founded The Informed Conservative in 2011. Like his Facebook page for engaging, relevant conservative content daily.
- MSNBC Goes Rogue: Debate Was Obama’s “Emperor Has No Clothes” Moment Joe Scarborough is right on the money in this clip…
- From Washington Post To NBCU: Dave Weigel Joins MSNBC As Paid Contributor Team Weigel rejoice – it didn’t take Dave Weigel very…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Video: MSNBC Goes Rogue: Debate Was Obama’s “Emperor Has No Clothes” Moment Joe Scarborough is right on the money in this clip...
- Video: MSNBC Blames Javon Belcher Murder-Suicide On Conservatives Some things you can set your clock by: When Gabby...
- IRS And MSNBC Team Up To Crush Conservatives As Preacher Is Caught In The Crosshairs The IRS’s scandalous snooping into the inner workings of Tea...
- Video: BUSTED: MSNBC Doctored Clip From Romney/Ryan Rally A clip from a recent Romney/Ryan rally has recently been...
- Video: MSNBC Guest: Obama’s Chickens Coming Home To Roost On Morning Joe yesterday, National Journal’s Ron Fournier talked about...