In a vote of 37-0 (1 absent), the Michigan Senate joined the growing list of of states and municipalities throughout America in passing their version of the Liberty Preservation Act, released by the Tenth Amendment Center. Senate Bill 94 (SB94) now proceeds to the Michigan State House. State Senator Rick Jones, the bill’s sponsor, and grassroots activists forged the bipartisan alliance against the federal law that applies the law of war and indefinite detention to anyone on U.S. soil.
After the bill’s passage in the Senate, PANDA Michigan’s Dennis Marburger vowed relentless opposition to all federal legislation that subverts the U.S. Constitution, saying:
“The very active and knowledgeable group of Michiganians fighting this egregious Federal overreach will not rest until there is real, tangible and viable state resistance to D.C.’s attempts to deny our rights and threaten our safety – whatever unconstitutional legislation, edict or judicial fiat our government employees use as an excuse.”
The unlawful mandates of the NDAA are sections 1021 and 1022, which allow the arrest, detention, and/or transport to foreign prisons of anyone the federal government “suspects” is a terrorist. Those so imprisoned can be denied trial, access to an attorney, and the ability to even advise someone they have detained.
To enforce NDAA, the federal government will need assistance from the states. If signed into law, SB94 will announce the strong determination of the people of Michigan that the 2012 NDAA is unconstitutional.
SB94 is a companion bill of HB4138, sponsored by State Representative Tom McMillin. A similar bill passed the Michigan House last fall on a vote of 107-0.
If you are in Michigan, or know someone in Michigan, it is time to fight for your rights.
Contact your Michigan State Representative at: http://www.house.mi.gov/
Join us in the battle to stop the NDAA nationwide: http://pandaunite.
Learn more about Operation Homeland Liberty:
Photo credit: watchingfrogsboil (Creative Commons)
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Video: Michigan Lawmakers Nullify NDAA, Stand Against Fed Gun Grab Nearly a thousand heavily armed demonstrators, some in wheelchairs and...
- Oakland County, Michigan Defends U.S. Constitution Against NDAA It has been said that the key to politics is...
- After Defeat Of Senate Cybersecurity Bill, Obama Weighs Executive-order Option Senate Republicans recently blocked cybersecurity legislation, but the issue might...
- 4 States Advance Anti-NDAA Legislation BOWLING GREEN – In a stunning move last week, four...
- Victory! Indiana, South Carolina Anti-NDAA Bills Fly Through Committee Yesterday, Feb. 13, “anti-NDAA” legislation passed senate committees in both...