“Whites need to acknowledge and work through the negative historical implications of ‘Whiteness’ and create for [themselves] a transformed identity as White people committed to equity and social change…”
For years, blacks and liberals have eagerly played the race card to intimidate politically or socially dangerous (that is, truth-telling) whites into silence. But as overuse is causing many whites to defy the race card rather than fear it, the left has revived their decades old claims of White Privilege.
White Privilege has been defined as an unearned, “…invisible, weightless knapsack of special provisions…” that turns whites into oppressors as a result of the countless, unfair advantages given them over minorities. Peggy McIntosh, the tolerant moonbat responsible for this definition, has lamented that her schooling “…gave me no training in seeing myself as an oppressor, as an unfairly advantaged person, or as a participant in a damaged culture.”
Well, far left “educators” have apparently decided to make up for this oversight. The 2014 White Privilege Conference in Madison, Wisconsin featured speakers and guests who intend to indoctrinate students as to the wickedness of whiteness and racism at its worst right down to the elementary school level.
• A former high school English teacher claims “teaching is a purely political act and …neutral people should get the F… out of teaching.”
• A professor of sociology told the audience that white people did not exist before 1681!
• Speaking of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, a UC Berkeley law professor stated that race “is driving almost everything that is happening in the country.” He then claimed that “they took money away from protecting the levees because the levees were protecting black people.”
• An adjunct professor at a small college decided that capitalism is the cause of racism and was “…invented in Colonial America by white capitalists as a tool to divide labor and keep the working class in their place.”
• And in the “Examining White Privilege…in the Elementary Classroom” workshop, two “educators” told attendees how teachers can “’…insert social justice, anti-racist information’ into their lessons that ‘even little kids’ can understand.”
What could be more comforting than the knowledge that people like these will be teaching our kids that white people are born with an unfair advantage that makes them perpetual oppressors of minorities!
What could possibly go wrong?
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by WesternJournalism.com.
This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom