These are dark times. The economy is in the tank, taxes are through the roof, radical Islam is alive and well, our government scoffs at scrutiny, and a majority of the country could care less. Despite all these sobering realities, what really keeps me awake at night are the various demonic forces that continue to infiltrate the hearts and souls of our greatest national treasure – our children.
I’d like to harken back to President Obama’s 2009 appointment of Kevin Jennings to the title of ‘safe school’ czar. Lets look at some of Mr. Jennings accomplishments prior to his appointment:
- When he worked as a teacher, Mr. Jennings failed to report his knowledge of a statutory rape that was revealed to him by a 15 year-old high school student. Not only did Mr. Jennings not report this information to the authorities, but he even encouraged the relationship and advised the boy to use a condom for any future relations with the man.
- As executive director of GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network) during the now infamous ‘Fistgate’ conference, Keynote Speaker Jennings expounded upon the technical details of various deviant acts to a roomful of children as young as 12 years old.
- These same children at the same conference were provided handouts as well as a ‘goody bag’ of sexually-oriented paraphernalia for their own private use.
- At another high school conference sponsored by the Jennings-led GLSEN, a hard-core gay pornogrophy manual known as the ‘Little Black Book’ was distributed among the youth in attendance.
It was reported that Mr. Jennings helped raise millions of dollars for Barack Obama’s presidential campaign. After serving less than two contentious and highly scrutinized years in the position, in which he planned on implementing his radical ‘educational’ curriculum throughout the public school system nationwide, Jennings was forced to resign.
(See sources: WashingtonTimes.com and MassResistance.org for more details on the Kevin Jennings school czar controversy)
Of course, now we’re being told that President Obama is expected to call on Congress to pass a law respecting same-sex marriage. With all the problems facing our nation, many are left to wonder exactly where this President’s priorities lie. When will the traditional middle class family be worthy of some respect and consideration from this administration? It seems like all the attention and political muscle is getting behind the special interests of various radical fringe organizations.
The other related trend that has proved most troubling to me, and the many responsible adults throughout this nation, is the sexualization of our youth. Most of the problems related to youth sexualization can be directly attributed to the entertainment-based, sexually-desensitizing offerings of our current day. Whether it be pop stars that push the sexual boundaries (i.e. Lady Gaga) or television programs that promote non-traditional immorality as the new normal (i.e. “Modern Family” and “Glee”); children’s heads are being filled with sexually-charged images and attitudes that scream ‘Anything Goes!’
The youth of today are literally mired in various forms of excessive sensuality and even graphic pornography. I recently came across a highly disturbing article featured in The Telegraph, the web version of one of the UK’s more conservative newspapers. The article titled ‘Children and the Culture of Pornography’ discusses the rising incidences of sexting, porn viewing, and reckless sex-related activities among pre-teens throughout the UK.
According to psychologist Steve Biddulph, ”our children are becoming victims of pornification.”
David Cameron’s Special Advisor, Claire Perry, also shared her concerns:
We’ve got young girls being asked to write their names on their boobs and send pictures…Our children are growing up in a very sexualized world.
And 12 year old Claire adds: “If they (the boys in her class) want oral sex, they will ask every single day until you say yes.”
The article proceeds to detail how these young children will send, share, and trade pictures of their private parts. It also goes on to explain how these children have easy access to hardcore pornography at a young age courtesy of the internet. When they tired of watching the ‘professionals,’ they would star in their own homemade videos. A tragic example involved a 13 year-old girl who was forced to participate in multiple sex acts after a party:
Chevonea Kendall-Bryan…had been bullied by boys since the age of 11. At 13, she was forced to perform a sex act on an 18-year-old after a party. A boy of 15 later demanded the same treatment – or he would smash the windows of her south London home. When she obeyed, he filmed her on his phone and shared the clip around her school.
A fateful evening, just a short time later, would mark the fatal culmination of a series of humiliations for this poor young girl. The 15 year-old boy stood below Chevonea’s bedroom window that night as she threatened to jump. Demanding that the boy immediately delete the clip, the unthinkable occurred when Chevonea accidentally fell 60 feet to the ground. She died from massive injuries to the brain.
Do these troubling activities occur among the youth in America?
Unfortunately, considering the ever-increasing sexualization that’s part of our modern culture, I’d be surprised if these problems didn’t exist here as well. As ‘tolerance’ grows and sexual deviance becomes less shameful and increasingly normalized, it will get worse. Hard to imagine, but it can always get worse.
I understand that these (pornographic) markets will always exist, but what has become most disturbing is the way they have broken through and become so easily accessible to our youth. Where is the protection? Where is the insulation? Have our tendencies and desires for perversion run so deep? Have they become so pronounced that they are completely devouring moral goodness, replacing the last remnants of common decency?
The more we push the (moral) envelope, the more repugnant of a society we become. It is no wonder abortion and violent crime have become a societal norm, art-forms featuring graphic shock are considered cutting-edge entertainment, and all kinds of deviancy are promoted as a state-supported civil right.
Very dark times!
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Why Romney Lost Dick Morris, Michael Barone, and Karl Rove all got it...
- PETA Compares Hunting Literature To Pornography According to the deep thinkers at People for the Ethical...
- Blacks- The Lost Demographic Several weeks after the presidential election, many Americans are still...
- Pornography Kills Again The body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway of Colorado was found...
- Lost To The Truth It is depressing to read comments from people who call...