“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
Speaking as a conservative Christian, I’ve grown weary of the activist agendas of liberals who turn the Gospel and Biblical truth upside down while promoting secular progressive candidates/causes that undermine the Constitution and a country founded on traditional, Judeo-Christian principles. These so-called ‘Christians’ are highly complicit in a far-left agenda to vilify and destroy American conservatism:
1. They ignore the correlation between moral decay and the expansion of social programs.
2. They champion amnesty for illegal aliens without offering proper justifications or solutions.
3. They excuse homosexuality on scientific grounds and make gay marriage a state issue; ultimately advocating marriage is ‘one size fits all’ without considering long-term ramifications or God’s natural order.
4. They engage in wealth envy; class warfare; and the promotion of stealing, coveting, lying, and bullying to advance their vision of a ‘just’ society with calls for economic retribution and equal results, despite these realities:
- The poor are already taken care of in America.
- Entitlements are economically unsustainable.
- We are stealing from our children and grandchildren to ensure stabilization and expansion of these entitlements.
- The most needy (elderly, disabled) will have more competition for state and federal dollars, a consequence of widespread increases in government dependency.
- Fiscal responsibility (even with tax increases on the wealthy) is no longer politically expedient.
- The middle class continues to face higher taxes and consumer cost increases on food, gas, energy, purchases, etc.
5. They excuse abortion and foster the perception that Christian conservatives are unified in support of war, harsh interrogations, and the death penalty.
6. They ignore the threat of Radical Islam and don’t call it out as a political-social power grab that will lie and use force when peaceful Islamic conversion is not achieved.
7. They fail to acknowledge that much of evolutionary science is based on false presuppositions but rather demean the knowledgeable, educated Christian who has considered the research with a critical eye and sees the deceptions.
8. They use today’s culture and media to mock, discredit, and ridicule historical Biblical orthodoxy grounded in God’s everlasting truth.
9. They blur the realities of sin by accusing traditional Christianity of sexism, racism, and ignorance.
10. They have their own ax to grind, which has more to do with a hostile aversion to conservative Christian principles (with our emphasis on charity, morality, and personal responsibility).
* A modified version of this article was previously featured online at Intellectual Conservative.
Photo credit: World Economic Forum (Creative Commons)
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Loyal To The Left, Jim Wallis Supports Gay Marriage In June of 2010, Reverend Jim Wallis was asked if...
- Christians, Silence Is Not An Option With the exception of one column previously penned, I pray this...
- The Liberal Media, Romney’s Economic Plan, And Obama’s Failure Last December, before Mitt Romney captured the Republican nomination for...
- What Catholics And Christians Ought To Consider Before They Vote While it has been said about every election since 2000,...
- President Obama’s Faith And Fruit: Do Christians Know The Truth? When asked about President Obama’s faith on an MSNBC interview,...