Watching the news media this weekend start the process of setting up Republicans for another losing fight has been depressing.
Congressional Republicans seem to be moving toward three decisions that are profoundly wrong.
Just listening this weekend some Republican leaders seem to be saying:
1. They will fight over the debt ceiling;
2. They are urging President Barack Obama to lead;
3. They have come out of one failed cycle of secret negotiations with the White House and seem eager to start right back in on a new cycle of negotiations.
All three are demonstrably wrong.
1. The debt ceiling is a terrible place to fight when there is a Sequester bill and a Continuing Resolution available.
Read More at humanevents.com . By Newt Gingrich.
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- John Boehner Leads Republicans Into Political Little Big Horn In June of 1876, near Montana’s Little Big Horn River,...
- House Democrats Want To Repeal Debt Ceiling WASHINGTON (OfficialWire) — House Democrats are pushing legislation to repeal...
- Video: Speaker Newt Gingrich And Callista Gingrich At RNC Speaker Newt Gingrich and Callista Gingrich address the 2012 Republican...
- White House Says ‘No Backup Plan’ To Debt Ceiling WASHINGTON (OfficialWire) — The White House is dismissing suggestions to...