Just weeks after a colleague was the victim of an armed robbery, a pizza delivery driver in Maryland was confronted by a gang of five would-be robbers and punched in the face.
Thinking quickly, the man retrieved a fiberglass tent pole and began fending off the group of hoodlums.
Two of the five teens have since been arrested and face charges of robbery, second-degree assault, and reckless endangerment.
As for the driver, he escaped injury but recalls the terror he felt during the incident.
“I thought I was going to die,” he said, adding that one person against five is “not a good situation to be in.”
Surviving such an attack is upsetting enough, but his employer compounded the ordeal by demoting him for his actions. That’s right – instead of lauding his defensive instincts and expressing gratitude that he was unharmed, supervisors put him on kitchen duty and cut his pay for ostensibly violating a corporate “no weapons” policy.
Anything used to defend oneself against a mob attack can be considered a weapon in the broadest sense of the word, I guess; but there has been no evidence produced that this employee brought a tent post with the intention of using it to harm others.
He was put in a terrible situation – one he would have avoided if not for his job – and did what was necessary in that moment to escape with his life. The very same employer that expected him to go out into a potentially violent environment to deliver its pizzas punished him for doing so with bravery and effectivity.
Instead of focusing on preventing criminals from attaining weapons, moral relativists see anyone with any weapon as a threat to society. This thinking is what leads to zero tolerance weapons policies such as the one in place at this employer.
Apparently, the pizza chain would prefer to see its drivers return in a body bag than with a tent post.
Photo credit: s myers (Creative Commons)
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Grocery Store Prices, Even Delivery Pizza Will Rise Under ObamaCare There are enough obvious tax hikes and fees associated with...
- Video: Rep Raul Labrador: Democrats Are Like Bank Robbers Rep Raul Labrador likens Democrats on the fiscal cliff negotiations...
- Video: MSNBC Still Fighting The GOP “War On Women” The election may be over, but MSNBC is still fighting...
- Video: How Much Money Has Obama Committed To Fighting “Global Warming”? Senator James Inhofe of Oklahoma has an important message for...
- Video: Pizza Shop Offers 15% Discount To Gun Owners Slice by slice, one Virginia Beach pizza shop is showing...