Today, on Memorial Day, we remember those brave souls who sacrificed themselves for our freedoms. May God bless you, and may God continue to bless the United States of America!
IT IS THE SOLDIER
by Charles M Privince
It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.
It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.
- Let Memorial Day Teach Our Children I am sure that millions of families in this great…
- How You Can Help Take Back Memorial Day This Memorial Day, many Americans will hit the lake, light…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- “‘Tis Well”: An Original Poem On a cold December day, The sky was dull and...
- Video: It’s A Wonderful Life! (with Capitalism) Ever wonder what life would be like without capitalism? Related...
- Obama Kids Enjoy Third Luxury Vacation In Past Month Matt Boyle reported earlier today that Sasha and Malia are...
- “Bankrupt Starbucks”: An Original Poem In light of the well publicized hostility expressed by the...
- Anti-smoking Loon Rewrites Classic Christmas Poem In many American homes, reading the 19th century poem, “A...