It’s reportedly happened again. Only days after the release by ISIS terrorists of a video showing the beheading of American journalist James Foley, the Islamic State terror group has posted a second video claiming to show the beheading of captured American reporter Steven Sotloff.
Details on this fast-developing story from Boston TV station WCVB:
Sotloff, who freelanced for Time and Foreign Policy magazines, had last been seen in Syria in August 2013 until he appeared in a video released online last month by the Islamic State group that showed the beheading of fellow American journalist James Foley.
Dressed in an orange jumpsuit against the backdrop of an arid Syrian landscape, Sotloff was threatened in that video with death unless the U.S. stopped airstrikes on the group in Iraq.
In the video distributed Tuesday and entitled “A Second Message to America,” Sotloff appears in a similar jumpsuit before he is beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.
According to the Wall Street Journal, U.S. airstrikes against ISIS continued over the Labor Day weekend:
U.S. airstrikes helped break a two-month siege by Sunni militants on a Shiite town on Sunday, in apparent coordination with ground attacks by Shiite militias, local civilian fighters and Kurdish troops.
Following the brutal Foley execution, the New York Post reported that Sotloff’s parents were scared to death for their captured son:
“I talked to Steve’s dad Tuesday night,” Emerson Lotzia, one of Sotloff’s roommates at the University of Central Florida, told the Miami Herald.
“He was in the best of spirits, then he was in the worst of spirits, he told me. ‘At last I know my son is alive,’ he said. ‘But look at the situation.’ It’s killing him, and he’s trying his best to stay on an even keel.”
Image Credit: ISIS video
This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom