Utah Toddler In Stolen Car Helps Police Find Him By Answering Mom’s Phone

Fox News Channel

A toddler was safely returned to his mother after a man stole her car at a daycare center Tuesday morning. The toddler’s mother, Elizabeth Barrios, was dropping off another child at an Ogden, Utah daycare center while 3-year-old Aiden waited in the 2012 Mazda 3 with the engine running. When the mother returned two minutes later, she saw a man driving her car away with her son in the backseat. The mother called police from the daycare location to report the stolen vehicle. She was extremely emotional as she told the 911 operator what happened.

“Someone stole my car and my baby is in there…Oh my God. My baby is in there!”

Ogden police officers converged on the area to locate the car and child. After learning that Elizabeth’s cellphone was still in the car, police made a phone call in an attempt to contact the car thief. They were surprised when little Aiden answered the phone. His mother told her son to stay calm. The suspect stopped the car and fled. The boy was advised to honk the horn so officers could locate the car. Barrios said,

“He honked the horn until there was an officer there. And we were close and we got to him. He was scared, that’s for sure. But he’s OK.”

Aiden was not injured and was back with his mother just 45 minutes after the car was stolen.  The suspect has not yet been found by police.

h/t: Fox News

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

French Police Flee Scene After Charlie Hebdo Attack

Sky News

An amateur cellphone video has surfaced showing the masked gunmen leaving the offices of Charlie Hebdo after murdering 12 people last week. The video looks down on the street to show the two terrorist brothers, who have been identified as Said and Cherif Kouachi, walking towards a small black four-door car. As they regroup, one brother shouts with his fist in the air: “We have avenged the Prophet Muhammed!”

Dressed in black and wearing ski masks, the brothers reload their firearms before getting into the car and driving away down a narrow street. A Paris police car blocked their path but quickly retreated in reverse when the two gunmen exited their getaway car to open fire on the police.

h/t: Weaselzippers

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

Mark Steyn: Media Retreating Further Into Self-Censorship

Fox News Channel

Conservative political commentator Mark Steyn was a guest on Fox News Channel’s The Kelly File, where he blasted the lack of so-called solidarity with the dead journalists of the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo following the brutal terrorist attack on Wednesday.

I see all these teary candlelit  vigils and everyone suddenly claiming to be for freedom of speech.  I think a consequence of this is a lot of people will retreat even further into self-censorship.

Steyn had some choice words for the New York Daily News for blurring the Charlie Hebdo cartoon of Muhammad.

The New York Daily News won’t even show – dishonors the dead in Paris – by not even showing properly the cartoons. They pixelated Muhammad out of it so it looks like Muhammad is in the Witness Protection Program but they left the hook-nose Jew in. And that exactly gets to the double standard here. You can say anything you like about Christianity. You can say anything you like about Judaism. But these guys, everyone understands the message, that if you say something about Islam these guys will kill you. And we will be retreating into a lot more self-censorship if the “pansy-ified” western media doesn’t man up and decide to disperse the risks. So they can’t just kill one little, small French satirical magazine, they gotta kill all of us.

Steyn had contempt for President Obama’s United Nations speech after the Benghazi attack in 2012 when he said that “The future shall not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.”

He talked the talk. These savage murdering fanatics in Paris today walked the walk.  So words matter.

h/t: The Right Scoop

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

Krauthammer: Republicans Should Tell Obama To Bring On The Veto

kraurecord

Before the 114th Congress has been sworn in, President Obama told National Public Radio that he will veto any bills the Republicans send him that he does not like.

“There are going to be some areas where we disagree. And, you know, I haven’t used the veto pen very often since I have been in office, partly because legislation that I objected to was typically blocked in the Senate, even after the House took over, Republicans took over the House. Now, I suspect there are going to be some times where I’ve got to pull that pen out.”

Now that Democratic Senator Harry Reid will no longer be the Majority Leader running interference for the president, he may be using the veto pen during the next two years.

Conservative Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer told guest host Kimberly Guilfoyle on Monday’s On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren the Republicans should say, “Bring it on, Mr. President.” The syndicated columnist said that this is an opportunity for the GOP to enact its agenda. 

“Now that it controls the House and the Senate, and now that Harry Reid is not there as the blocking guard for the president — that’s the reason he didn’t have to use the veto, he had Harry Reid — but with Harry Reid gone and Mitch McConnell running the Senate, they are able to enact agenda. They have an agenda. And they should be willing to pass whatever they can and to dare the president to go ahead and to veto.”

Krauthammer recommended that the Republicans begin the new year by passing legislation they know the president will sign, such as trade negotiating authority, which Reid was holding up. This will give Obama a victory.

“But then they should begin to work on stuff and challenge the president — Keystone Pipeline, tax reform, repealing the medical device tax, repealing the employer and individual mandates in health care reform. Let the president show where the party stands and let the country know that with a new president, a Republican president, this stuff, which is very popular, will be able to get through.”

h/t: The Daily Signal

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom

Attkisson Wants To See White House Pictures From Night Of Benghazi Attack

benghaziattkison

Former CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson revealed to Greta Wodele Brawner in an interview on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal that pictures taken by the White House photographer on September 12, 2012, have never been released to the media. Ms. Attkisson said that she intends on publishing a new list of questions that might explain what President Obama was actually doing on the night of the Benghazi attacks.

“Some of those questions remain…but new questions have arisen as more information comes out that conflicts previous information. But I still would like to know, and I think the public should know, what President Obama did that night. We don’t have to know every little step that he took and every little word that he uttered, but the total lack of willingness of them to tell us anything, really, about what happened throughout the course of the night; what decisions the Commander-in-Chief made while Americans were under attack on foreign soil. There could be nothing, that I can think of, that’s of more important public interest, and yet it’s been shrouded in secrecy even two years later. I really think that’s an important question to answer.”

Ms. Attkisson said that she had requested the White House photos from that night because they are public information. She made several attempts to reach then-deputy press secretary Josh Earnest for approval to obtain the photos from that night, but Earnest would never return a phone call or email.

“We would go back to the White House press photographer’s office and say, ‘You’ve given us an impossible task. You’ve told us to talk to somebody who won’t talk to us. You need to give us another route to follow to try to get these photos.’ And they would say, ‘No, you have to talk to Josh Earnest.’ So, that just went down a dead-end road. I think that’s entirely unacceptable.”

Attkisson said that since the press officers are paid by the public, the White House photos should be available to American citizens as long as they don’t reveal any national secrets.

“To this day they remain secret. I would just be interested in seeing whatever they show.”

 

h/t Eagle Rising

This post originally appeared on Western Journalism – Informing And Equipping Americans Who Love Freedom