On Friday’s World News on ABC, correspondent Jonathan Karl informed viewers of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s unsubstantiated charge that Mitt Romney has not paid taxes in 10 years, with the ABC correspondent dismissing the accusation as “outrageous and apparently unfounded.”
Karl went on to note that Reid “offered not one shred of evidence, drawing ridicule from late night comedian Jon Stewart.”
As he theorized that Reid was trying to bait the GOP presidential candidate into releasing more of his tax returns, Karl then revisited the subject of Romney’s taxes and the GOP candidate’s refusal to tell ABC’s David Muir whether he had ever paid “lower than 13.9 percent.”
Below is a transcript of the relevant portion of the Friday, August 3, World News on ABC:
JONATHAN KARL: Campaigning in Nevada, Romney also had to deal with a different set of numbers, the amount he pays in taxes.
MITT ROMNEY: I have paid taxes every year, and a lot of taxes, a lot of taxes.
KARL: He was responding to an outrageous and apparently unfounded allegation from Harry Reid, the top Democrat in the Senate.
HARRY REID, SENATE MAJORITY LEADER: The word is, he hasn’t paid any taxes for 10 years.
Read More at Media Research Center. By Brad Wilmouth.
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore (Creative Commons)
- Romney: Harry Reid Should ‘Put Up Or Shut Up’ On Taxes Mitt Romney appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio program to discuss…
- Harry Reid Hits Romney ©2012 Nate Beeler, The Columbus Dispatch… Continue to Post…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Video: Romney: Harry Reid Should ‘Put Up Or Shut Up’ On Taxes Mitt Romney appeared on Sean Hannity’s radio program to discuss...
- Harry Reid: Obama’s Court Jester, Nevada’s Joker I was not a primary supporter of Mitt Romney for...
- How Did Harry Reid Get Rich? Try this thought experiment. Imagine that someone grows up in...