“The high point of that debate for Romney is when he devastatingly leveled the charge of Obama going around the world on ‘an apology tour,’” Charles Krauthammer asserted on the Fox News Channel following Monday night’s third presidential debate. But what Krauthammer saw as so powerful for Mitt Romney, ABC and CNN tried to discredit based on the flimsy reasoning that Obama didn’t use the word “apologize.”
ABC’s Jonathan Karl insisted: “The President didn’t apologize for America…there’s no way you could really call it ‘an apology tour.’” With a big “False” on screen, CNN’s John Berman decided: “Our verdict here is it is false to call the President’s speeches ‘an apology tour’ even if he was critical of past U.S. foreign policy. He issued no apologies.”
Krauthammer on FNC on Monday night:
The high point of that debate for Romney is when he devastatingly leveled the charge of Obama going around the world on an apology tour. Obama’s anser was ask any reporter and they will tell you it wasn’t so. It’s about as weak an answer you can get and Romney’s response to say, to quote Obama saying that we “dictate” to other nations and Romney said we do not dictate to other nations, we liberate them. And Obama was utterly speechless.
Indeed, Obama had contended “every fact-checker and every reporter who’s looked at it, Governor, has said this is not true.”
And two TV reporters immediately came through for Obama.
From ABC News:
GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Any glaring misstatements by either candidate?
JONATHAN KARL: Well, there were a couple. One was when Mitt Romney repeated what he said before, that the President went on an apology tour when he became President. We’ve looked at all those speeches in those first foreign trips . The President didn’t apologize for America. He did acknowledge some mistakes that the United States had made, but there’s no way you could really call it an apology tour.
Read More at the Media Research Center . By Brent Baker.
Photo Credit : Gage Skidmore (Creative Commons)
- Ohio’s Early Absentee Ballot Requests And Cleaned-up Voter Rolls Point To Romney Blowout The latest NBC/WSJ/Marist poll gives President Obama an eight-point lead…
- Too Early For Romney To Declare Victory? With one caucus and one primary completed, there is a…
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Video: Latest Romney Ad: Apology Tour After taking office, President Obama went on an apology tour...
- Ohio’s Early Absentee Ballot Requests And Cleaned-up Voter Rolls Point To Romney Blowout The latest NBC/WSJ/Marist poll gives President Obama an eight-point lead...
- Video: President Obama’s Apology Tour? President Obama says the idea that he went on an...