BOWLING GREEN – In a stunning move last week, four states (Indiana, Colorado, Montana, and Arizona) successfully advanced anti-NDAA legislation. The goal for each bill is to protect the people of that state from indefinite detention under the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012.
The 2012 NDAA applies broad detention power, using terms such as “associated forces” and “substantially supported” to U.S. soil, allowing the federal government to detain and even execute any person, including an American citizen, on U.S. soil. There has not been such backlash against a federal law since Congress attempted to enforce a mandatory national speed limit, as over 21 states have introduced legislation to counter the law.
In Indiana, S.B. 400 passed through the State Senate by a vote of 31 – 17. Next, it will be assigned to a committee in the State House, where the battle will begin anew. It will then need to be given a committee hearing, pass the hearing, and then be voted on by the full State House floor. The last step, if it passes those hurdles, would be for Governor Mike Pence to sign it into law.
On Thursday, three similar pieces of legislation passed through House Committees in Arizona, Montana, and Colorado.
Arizona’s bill, H.B. 2573, passed the House Judiciary Committee 6 – 2. The bill has two sponsors and seven co-sponsors in the House, and supporters are hopeful it will pass.
In Montana, H.B. 522 passed its House Judiciary Committee hearing overwhelmingly by a unanimous vote of 20 – 0.
In Colorado, HB 1045 passed committee by a decisive vote of 7-4.
Arizona’s, Montana’s, and Colorado’s bills will now be voted on by their respective State House floors. If they successfully pass, the next steps will be the same as Indiana’s.
As more states advance Anti-NDAA legislation, move toward liberty, and stand up to defend the Constitution, the question you must ask yourself is…
Will your state be next?
People Against the NDAA
Photo credit: watchingfrogsboil (Creative Commons)
Get Informed! Read More About this topic::
- Victory! Indiana, South Carolina Anti-NDAA Bills Fly Through Committee Yesterday, Feb. 13, “anti-NDAA” legislation passed senate committees in both...
- Anti-NDAA Legislation Introduced In Washington OLYMPIA, Wash. — The “Washington State Preservation of Liberty Act”...
- Arizona’s Anti-NDAA Bill To Have Hearing On Thursday This Thursday will be a busy day for anti-NDAA activists...
- One Man Blocking Arizona Anti-NDAA Bill The 2012 NDAA allows any person, including American citizens, to...
- Wyoming Anti-NDAA Bill Passes Committee 6-3, On Its Way To The House Thanks to your overwhelming support, and the...